Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Marine Intake

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 10:01 AM
Jimmy_Blazer is on a distinguished road
Default Marine Intake

I need to know everything about everything about doing the marine intake swap. I know I need the intake, upper and lower, injectors, fuel rail, etc. But what about wiring? I have a 95 I plan on putting it in. Do I need the computer from the boat it came out of? How do I hook that up to work with the computer in the blazer? What kind of tuning do I need to do?

Old 10-02-2013, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

A quick and simple google search and you will find all the info you will need!! Here's a very detailed and probably one of the best write-ups I have ever seen on the swap. Why are you wanting to do the marine intake swap?

Old 10-02-2013, 06:33 PM

Thanks for the link! I'm wanting to do it because the stock injector is just awful and theres no upgrade options for it. I hear the Marine Intake is a big step up in performance and that you can actually tune it.

Old 10-02-2013, 08:13 PM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

You can upgrade/replace the spider with the non poppet style. The only real advantage or gain you are going to get is if you use the marine intake in conjunction with a turbo or supercharger. Otherwise you are really just spending a bunch of money on a different fuel delivery system that does the same thing as your stock setup. The only thing it will add is a slight bit more reliability and higher fuel flow ability. Wynjammer makes a setup that is on par with the marine intake but bolts I'm place of the factory spider injector. It has higher and tunable flow rates but again unless you are using a power adder just dumping more fuel in the motor is not going to gain you any power. If you just want to do it because you can go for it but I say if it ain't broke don't fix it!

Old 10-02-2013, 08:34 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

That write up is for a 96+ engine if I'm not mistaken. I would think some more modification would need to be done for the CPI in a 95.

Old 10-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Good catch I didn't even catch that he has a 95. Thog for president!!!

Old 10-03-2013, 07:37 AM

Yeah thats what I mean, I'm not too sure what I can do since its the 95 with the CPI... Do you think I could just convert it to a 96+ with a new wiring harness, pcu, and whatever extra sensors I need?

Old 10-06-2013, 11:51 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I'm not entirely sure that is even possible to do. I think it'd be easier to just swap out the entire engine and computer for a 96+

Old 10-07-2013, 07:37 AM

But would it still work with the drivetrain from the 95? I know the connectors on the transmission and tcase are different throughout the years

Old 10-07-2013, 02:58 PM
BF Veteran

I really have no idea. This is all way above my level of knowledge.

Quick Reply: Marine Intake