Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

need help finding parts

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 10:11 AM
blazinblack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default need help finding parts

i just bought a 2001 blazer 2dr black and i want to do some mods to it but dont know on the new ones what gets the best bang for the buck? i want to get a cold air intake but dont want to pay alot for it and full exhaust but dont know where to get headers for a reasonable price.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-01-2007, 06:29 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future
Default RE: need help finding parts

most of the headers are out there are about $450 and up. i got a K&N cold air intake and magnaflow exhaust and i can definately tell a difference.

Old 10-03-2007, 07:44 AM

is that a cat back exhaust or did you get headers too?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-03-2007, 08:08 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

its just catback. i really wanted headers but they are just too expensive
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZEJ7Tj3-7Uc

Old 10-03-2007, 08:47 AM

with your cold air intake did you have any problems with your maf sensor or did you get a different one?

Old 10-03-2007, 11:50 AM
BF Veteran

im still using the stock one. the only problem i've had was when i first put it on, i forgot to plug everything back in before driving and the SES light came on but after fixing that, everything worked just fine

Old 10-04-2007, 08:53 AM

thanks for the info how much was your k&n intake? but i would still think with the orignal maf sensor your still gettting the same air coming in as a stock intake
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-04-2007, 09:10 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

The MAF sensor is capable of supporting over 350whp. I wouldn't worry one bit about it. By putting in a different intake setup, you are freeing up the restrictions, the largest restriction being the filter itself.

Old 10-05-2007, 10:16 AM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: 02 Vortech

DONT DO IT---- WASTE WASTE WASTE

AFTERMARKET MAF IS A WASTE OF MONEY- even running 12psi i will still run the stock maf. it flows good enough 2 350hp. and the aftermarket ones are crap.

UNDERDRIVE PULLIES ARE THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK----

you could have
march underdrive pullies
and custom exhaust made for that and modify your intake box and put K&N drop in, in it and get much better results.
this is off of another post and it is by 02Vortech and he has a custom built turbocharger and he using the stock MAF
i got my K&N off ebay for $205 shipped which is a great deal IMO. all of the places that i went to locally were asking more than $260 and there is a custom drop/lift shop i went to and they told me it would be $370so i just walked out

Old 10-26-2007, 10:48 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

didnt bother askin em a quote for a lift!?!?!?!?!?

Quick Reply: need help finding parts