Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Noob questions exhaust, intake system FIPK, Spark plugs, Perfomace chip..

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 11:43 PM
Streetskater27 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Noob questions exhaust, intake system FIPK, Spark plugs, Perfomace chip..

Hello, I would like to take this moment to say I'm new to the forums and that i rarely post or register to any forums so I'm a noob from cars to this website.
Now that I have that out of the way I can address some of the questions that are on my mind. First off this is what I have 1992 Chevy s10 Blazer 76,00 miles, 2d 4wd, 4.3l v6 the 160 hp not the high output engine 200 hp one. okay questions One: exhaust I'm leaning toward putting on a Hedman glass pack muffler compared to my other option that is on my mind a flow master 44 series muffler. Skimming through the forums lightly i see a varying opinion in the two. I was also looking into running straight duels hooker headers but my friend got a $85 ticket on his 1997 silverado c1500 with this exhaust and advised me not to get it done. Can i have a glass pack that allows a one pipe in two out thing?? i don't believe you can but hey i stated I'm a noob and I'm really tired writing this novel lol. Two: Cold air intake system for my truck and year the only thing that I could find at least K&N wise was a improved air filter that takes in more air then the stock and that's not a true cold air i believe its called 1988-1993 Chevrolet S10 Blazer - K&N Cold Air Intake - Generation II. Is it possible for my year and model to have true cold air?? Spark plugs im replacing them e3 or ac delco?? or something better for my truck? Performance chip what kind hypertech any specfic good ones for my year?? Ideas for more torque i could use them Please!!!! My brother said it would be pretty coslty for dual straits or headers and time consuming. Im a huge noobs to the car world. I recently became interested with my first vechile lol. Brothers a mechanic but i want everyones opinion in the matter of toque and added HP to my truck please. Thank you for reading if your did I appreciate it. -Streetskater

Old 04-28-2009, 11:53 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

you should have no problem running a dual exit with a single glasspack, i have this set-up with no problems at all, and for the spark plugs deffintly stick with AC/Delco's no matter what.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:39 PM
Streetskater27 is on a distinguished road

Thanks mike for the response and input of your car knowledge. Thank you for at least replying. I got one reply Yes!!! more would definitely be appreciated!!!!!! Especially on the cold air intake for my app.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:27 PM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

im not 100%positive, but i dont think you can get a cold air intake for your year. i did a quick search on K&N's website and all i found was a higflow replacement filter (pn. 33-2042) if you combined that and the swiss cheese airbox mod you might see some decent results.

Old 04-29-2009, 07:57 PM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

as far as intakes go - if you have the TBI engine then the stock air filter is a circle type that mounts on the engine top - then i would suggest the edlebrock top mount triangular or pie type filters with a little scoop. If you have the actual air box then you can use a universal high flow kit to set up a semi cold air intake. As popular those engines are most companys left them alone until later years.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:40 PM
Beginning Member
BlazerGlenn is on a distinguished road

for some free or cheap hp you could wire in resistor to your mass airflow sensor so you put more fuel in your cylinders

Old 05-08-2009, 07:33 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlazerGlenn
for some free or cheap hp you could wire in resistor to your mass airflow sensor so you put more fuel in your cylinders
LMAO!! And how, pray-tell, does a resistor work on a device which has a frequency output?

Old 05-09-2009, 12:17 AM
boomtruck97 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Kyle, havent you ever heard of MAGIC?!?!?!?!

Old 05-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Beginning Member
BlazerGlenn is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by swartlkk
LMAO!! And how, pray-tell, does a resistor work on a device which has a frequency output?
your computer thinks your getting more air witch then compensates by dumping more fuel in your cylinders. You gain a bit more torque that you can feel mostly when ur mashin it

Old 05-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlazerGlenn
your computer thinks your getting more air witch then compensates by dumping more fuel in your cylinders. You gain a bit more torque that you can feel mostly when ur mashin it
You do not understand how the MAF sensor relays information to the PCM if you think that would actually work, which it does not BTW. And this is NOT a case of try it and see. It flat out will not work.

Quick Reply: Noob questions exhaust, intake system FIPK, Spark plugs, Perfomace chip..