Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Seafoam= +++HP

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 09:36 PM
Beginning Member
Burton3244 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Seafoam= +++HP

Seafoam= more hp? well yes and no...

No it doesnt actually add horse pwr to your engine, however it does a damn good job of cleaning up your engine and unleashing its full potetial!

I posted a thread not to long ago about my 99 blazer 4.3 having problems with hessitaions along the rmp range and not shifting correctly, I though it was my tranny cuz at times my blazer just ran like ****.

Today I bought some seafoam and added about 3/4 the bottle down the trottle body while running then shut her down for 15-20 min. After I put the intake back on and started her up she ran like she was brand new. I tested her out around the block, no hessitaions, alot more pick up, faster responce, and no more bucking when shifting. It worked so good I couldnt resist going around the block again and again....lol

so in my book Seafoam++++ no it wont add hp but if ur blazer has 160k on it like mine then yes it will deff free up that hp you truely have been missing out on!

Old 02-27-2009, 11:07 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road
Default RE: Seafoam= +++HP

i was looking into using some seafoam but on my old 97 dodge Dakota there was a nipple on the driver side of the engine with a cap on it and i was told to remove it and put a rubber hose on it with in in the bottle, But on my 4.3l blazer i don't know where that nipple is so how do you exacly use seafoam on a 94 s10 blazer 4.3l

Old 02-28-2009, 12:25 AM
Outsydr is an unknown quantity at this point

pull the big rubber vac line off the brake booster pour it in reconnect the hose and wait til the smoke clears

Old 02-28-2009, 12:40 AM

what you mean pour it in, like pour the bottle in the tube or put the the tube in the bottle? and while running?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:47 AM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Either dribble it down your throttle body or through the brake booster line. Both will work just fine.

Old 02-28-2009, 12:48 AM

pour it down the tube (the other end is connected to the intake) pour 3/4 in start the truck pour last 1/4 while running reconnect hose and wait for the mosquito fogging to end (your neighbors may not like it tho).

Old 02-28-2009, 12:55 AM

ORIGINAL: Outsydr

(your neighbors may not like it tho).
lol ok thanks btw outsydr i have the auo rpo i called a chevy dealer and they looked up the vin for me

Old 02-28-2009, 01:03 AM

sweet your set on keyless entry then. pull the console and get your fcc id# and ill hook you up with the store on ebay i got my remote from ($14.95 after shipping paid on monday came in the mail on wednesday the same week)

Old 02-28-2009, 01:18 AM

Will do i get it to ya tomorrow morning

Old 02-28-2009, 10:27 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Lets stick to the topic at hand...

Quick Reply: Seafoam= +++HP