Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

straight pipes??

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 02:04 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road
Default straight pipes??

hey looking to do my exhaust soon and was wondering if its a good idea to go to straight pipes and if so how hard/easy would it be? i'm lookin for a deep agressive tone and was lookin at the flowmaster super 44 or super 40 series for a muffler. just wondering everyones thoughts.

Old 01-01-2008, 02:33 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: straight pipes??

I thought 'straight pipes' meant no cat, muffler, etc. If you mean just putting on headers and taking out the cat, the flowmasters would sound pretty amazing. I would imagine you would get a lot of crackling and popping when you let of the gas without any restriction to the muffler though..

Old 01-01-2008, 02:48 AM

ok ya i guess i'm not so much looking for actual striaght pipes but just putting on some pipes/muffler that make it sound aggressive

Old 01-01-2008, 06:38 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I'm loving my DNA muffler

Old 01-01-2008, 11:37 AM
FFJustin99Chevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Love my Dynomax!

Old 01-01-2008, 11:46 AM

ok so DNA and Dynomax people seem to like but what are peoples views on Flowmaster? i havent really looked into any other mufferlers yet so how do those other brands and flowmaster all compare? im lookin for that aggressive tone.

Old 01-01-2008, 12:38 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Myself and quite a few others have a Flowmaster muffler on their Blazer and like the sound. You can listen to sound clips that have been posted here for various exhaust set-ups and the subject has been discussed ad nauseum, but in the end it boils down to "you pay your money and you take your choice".

Old 01-01-2008, 12:47 PM

ok thanks i'll check out those theads

Old 01-01-2008, 01:29 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: rriddle3
Myself and quite a few others have a Flowmaster muffler on their Blazer and like the sound. You can listen to sound clips that have been posted here for various exhaust set-ups and the subject has been discussed ad nauseum, but in the end it boils down to "you pay your money and you take your choice".
WHOA, easy on the big words there killer!

Old 01-01-2008, 02:27 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: TripleBlackBlazer
WHOA, easy on the big words there killer!
You mean I should use smaller font?

Quick Reply: straight pipes??