Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Tune Up Time, Summit Wires?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 08:30 PM
Starting Member
danmiranda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tune Up Time, Summit Wires?

Hey guys,

So I sold my Blazer about a week ago, and am a proud owner of a 2002 GMC Sonoma 4x4 Crew ZR5 4WD. Now that i just bought my truck, I need to give it a tune up. Its exactly the same truck as a 2nd Gen Blazer 4 Door but with the back cut off.

Anyways, has anyone tried Summit Wires? I know, the 4.3 are temperamental on the wires, and definitely don't like garbage. However I know that Summit is a decent brand, if not better, and not to mention the wires are cheaper, ($72 vs $102). Think it would cause problems? I would more than likely be using AC Delco Performance Plugs though. Misfires or no? Has anyone tried them?

Also, if your wondering why I'm asking this on a Blazer Forum, its because this forum is much more awesome than the S10 Forum..But don't tell them I said that.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:36 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Wires really are wires. These engines are finicky about their plugs though. Get the AC Delco double platinums and you will be good.

For wires, I have always liked the Belden Premium wires from Napa. Lifetime warranty and they still fit in the stock wire holders if you have the patience to reuse them! LOL