Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

v8 swap

Old 05-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Starting Member
hoebob69 is on a distinguished road
Default v8 swap

Hello all,I know I've seen them done everywhere but the general questions never seemed to be answered. I'm looking to do the swap since my first idea,(boosting it) is probably not in my price range due to some of the research I've done. My question will anything from my 4.3 match with a v8 swap? For hypothetical purposes lets say a 400. Will my tranny or power steering pump or ac compressor etc match up or will it all have to be changed?

Old 05-03-2015, 05:21 AM
bdodds1985 is on a distinguished road
Default tranny

pretty new here, but I am wondering the same thing. I have a 1999 4 door ls 4.3l. I did some research and from what I saw everywhere else is that the 5.7l vortec will work with my tranny - the 4L60E I believe. The only thing I saw while browsing is to get a radiator out of a vette and of course the computer stuff... I would like to know more as well, since my '99 has 200k on it needs the fuel spider replaced anyways... might as well just suck it up find a nice v8 because I need to take the whole front end off anyways to replace the bumper, and tighten all the radiator connections, as well as replace the lower radiator shroud and AC components. I want to do a PS pump too... so, with all that it would just be easy access I guess... any suggestions? I am all ears as well.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:27 AM
Starting Member
hoebob69 is on a distinguished road

Well I'm hopefully a couple years away because my engine has less than 100k on it at the moment. Not to mention I'm less than a year removed from completely rebuilding from top to bottom so 98% of the things you just named are brand new on mine. I've just been having a problem with other drivers. Ive got dual exhaust on mine and at idol it ressembles a 5.7,so people are always wanting to run me.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:33 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Try this site for more information:

http://jagsthatrun.com

Search this Thread