Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

wanting to rebuild my 4.3 vortec engine and new monster tranny

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 11:34 PM
Chevy8493 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default wanting to rebuild my 4.3 vortec engine and new monster tranny

ok i have a 1993 S10 Blazer bone stock modle no power windows not even the tahoe edition it's a 4dr the state of kansas bought it new tore the heck out of it my mechanics dad owned it and sold it to me.

he had put 1400 dollars into it before he sold it to me which included fuel tank fuel pump sending unit all new lines and hew muffler and tail pipe i paid 1000 dollars for it it now has 184,000 miles i had 176,000 when i bought it i have put new plugs and wires distributor and cap and rotor starter and had all fluids changed.

well i'm ready to have the engine and tranny pulled and transfercase have the rear axle rebuilt new driveshaft and front 4wd shaft and new transfercase have a new tranny put in and have the engine rebuilt but modified was looking for some pointers if it would be better to bore it 60 over or 30 over i will have dual electric fans attached will be spending 2300 dollars on a 5inch lift kit and have it installed.

the engine also was wanting to do a mild or medium cam which would be better i am wanting alot more power and torque outta it have the heads rebuilt and should i have them shaved and maybe have them bore the valve holes bigger it will have headers true dual straights with 2 catalytic convertors with 5 inch tips.

the tranny will be coming from monster it'll be a heavy duty light truck tranny with shift kit will hold up to 400 hp my question is can i make this engine put out around 300 hp and have it chiped will have high torque starter installed heavy duty water pump 1 wire alternator new powersteering pump will have cold air intake put on and new fuel injectors put in.

and should i put a different intake manifold it has the spider vortec manifold and looking to add a 3 inch body lift also and wat gears should i run becuase i do not know if the front differential has a gear or not and it will be rebuilt also.

i'm looking for some masters to help me out with modifying the engine to get wat i would like out of it just info not really help put it all together i will be having the chevrolet dealership in my town do all this cause they said they will warranty it all.

and i am having the oil cooler lines replaced and a tranny temp gauge installed and a oil temp gauge and tacho meter installed i am hoping to spend under 10,000 in the build an then have a paint job put on the truck after it's all done also a tranny cooler.