Performance & Brainstorming Want to free up some HP? Looking at headers? Ask your performance related questions here!

Where can I get a reman MFI FJ503

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 03:26 PM
Blaz_r is on a distinguished road
Default Where can I get a reman MFI FJ503

I have bought 3 Spider injectors (Amazon) for my 04 Blazer 4.3 L and they started leaking from the body after a couple weeks. I can't afford a new one and to be honest I have not had much luck finding anything that didn't say "backorder" or "sold out".

I did take one of the fuel metering body and plastic welded it then put it back together with parts from a couple different MFI that I couldn't return. The leak down was very slow. And I think it is the fuel pressure tester itself because I found no gas.

I am going to put it on but I want a decent remanufactured OE that has been tested.

Heres the video of the last one. You can not see any signs that there is a major crack when inspecting it even with a jewlers loupe.

https://youtu.be/Q54hlzcv7mg?si=5DDmqCGlUGxG4dWR

Thanks

Old 03-12-2024, 05:39 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blaz_r
I have bought 3 Spider injectors (Amazon) for my 04 Blazer 4.3 L and they started leaking from the body after a couple weeks. I can't afford a new one and to be honest I have not had much luck finding anything that didn't say "backorder" or "sold out".

I did take one of the fuel metering body and plastic welded it then put it back together with parts from a couple different MFI that I couldn't return. The leak down was very slow. And I think it is the fuel pressure tester itself because I found no gas.

I am going to put it on but I want a decent remanufactured OE that has been tested.

Heres the video of the last one. You can not see any signs that there is a major crack when inspecting it even with a jewlers loupe.

https://youtu.be/Q54hlzcv7mg?si=5DDmqCGlUGxG4dWR

Thanks
Have you tried here: https://www.motormanfuelinjection.co...-injector.html

I have not purchased anything from them, but I did find their info on the conversion some of us can do with our fuel injection systems pretty useful.

Old 03-14-2024, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by christine_208
Have you tried here: https://www.motormanfuelinjection.co...-injector.html

I have not purchased anything from them, but I did find their info on the conversion some of us can do with our fuel injection systems pretty useful.
Thank you very much for your help. No ma'am I decided to use the OEM fuel metering body and added fuel lines from one i couldn't return and a couple more from another one and put it together. It has been running with no issues if you don't count the two O2 sensors I also got from Amazon.... Lol. I call my creation a Frankenspider. I can't believe it has lasted longer than the 3 new ones I installed.

BEWARE to anyone reading... DO NOT BUY SPIDER INJECTORS FROM AMAZON.

Thanks again Christine.

Old 06-25-2024, 11:10 AM

I wanted to update this post. I had such problems buying the infamous spider injector for my 04 Blazer I think its incredible that I took parts from 3 separate units to make one working injection system.

The problem every time was the fuel meter body had imperceptible leaks you would never find even with a magnifying glass.

So I used the OEM housing and found enough working injectors from the original spider and a different newer unit I didn't return in time.

I call it the FrakenSpider and it still runs with no codes for 3 months now and to me thats amazing. If you seen how I canabilized then reassembled one good working unit.

Its actually a fairly basic system and all the parts are interchangeable just make sure the seals are good and clean thats the most critical part. And have patience pulling the port flutes out that can be a bugger of a time.

Before you go and pay hundreds of dollars on an oem or oem rebuild just rebuild and clean it yourself its not difficult or technical.

Good luck.

Old 06-25-2024, 12:52 PM
BF Veteran
christine_208 will become famous soon enoughchristine_208 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blaz_r
I wanted to update this post. I had such problems buying the infamous spider injector for my 04 Blazer I think its incredible that I took parts from 3 separate units to make one working injection system.

The problem every time was the fuel meter body had imperceptible leaks you would never find even with a magnifying glass.

So I used the OEM housing and found enough working injectors from the original spider and a different newer unit I didn't return in time.

I call it the FrakenSpider and it still runs with no codes for 3 months now and to me thats amazing. If you seen how I canabilized then reassembled one good working unit.

Its actually a fairly basic system and all the parts are interchangeable just make sure the seals are good and clean thats the most critical part. And have patience pulling the port flutes out that can be a bugger of a time.

Before you go and pay hundreds of dollars on an oem or oem rebuild just rebuild and clean it yourself its not difficult or technical.

Good luck.
Wow, this is great info and I'm sure will be appreciated when someone in the same situation finds it.