Ride Of The Month
2011 ROTY - Tim (Verno)
This section is for threads and voting polls for the BlazerForum Ride of the Month competition. Please read the ROTM RULES prior to posting! September VOTING!
CURRENT ROTM: atvwarrior

July Nominations

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 10:39 AM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Phil
RangerG - Phil
Thank you very much, but I'll decline! In about a month I'll have triple the money into it that I do now!

I'll throw the nom back at ya though! You've been getting a lot done on that truck.

Phil - RangerG

Old 06-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Phil is on a distinguished road

Very honored, and I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for that truck.

I accept.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:03 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

rriddle3 - wlorton - accepted
Gimpy Blazer - swartlkk -
RangerG - Phil - DECLINED
jdespain - bandidolenny - accepted
ZR2Daddy01 - Nvidia78 -
Phil - RangerG - Accepted

LAST DAY TO NOMINATE! Please PM your nom if you haven't already.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:50 PM

I'm sure someone would nominate you Alex, but I don't think you reach the minimum post count!!

Can't wait until you post up your super secret mods on your truck. And once you start posting on here again!

Old 06-08-2010, 01:12 AM
Gimpy Blazer is on a distinguished road

Accept. And will get a few pics in. Nothing too exciting about this ride except I resurrected it from the dead. Still not finished though. I will say the Gen 2 console looks pretty sweet. Here's what was done to this ride. It wouldn't run when I bought it and someone had hit it in the rear bumper. It does have a rear spare tire carrier with full size spare.
Fuel pump & FPR
Heartthrob cat-back exhaust system - sounds pretty nice with the turbo muffler
New catalytic converter & "Y" pipe
Fuel filter, spark plugs, tune-up & oil & filter change
A/C fixed - LP switch, blower motor relay & switch and repaired wiring
Digital dash swapped out with one from Digital Dash Solutions - everything works
Temp sender for gauge
New rear bumper, impact strip and filler panel and painted to match gray trim
Window motors, replaced broken clips and replaced three switches
Tires - Put stock 235/75/R15 Goodyear Wranglers on
Pioneer KEH-P2030 In Dash Cassette (yes a cassette deck - has XM and 12 disc CD changer controls to be added later)
Infinity 4X6 In dash and 5 1/4" in back doors
Removed t-case, resealed, installed with new rear trans mount and adapter gaskets
Replaced three U-joints during t-case repair
Brake light/cruise control release switch - was making ABS light come on above 15 mph
Oil cooler hoses and adapter gasket & "O" ring.
Upper radiator shroud
Power steering pump
Serpentine belt
Idler pulley
Brake hoses - old ones were collapsed inside making brakes drag
Right front caliper, new front pads and turned rotors
Brake hardware in rear brakes (drum)
Lift struts on rear glass - defroster in glass and wiper system (both work like a champ)
Repaired all interior lights and wiring
Battery
1997 Blazer center console install after painting to match interior and relocated second power outlet
Found it had RKE during console removal so purchased 2 key fobs and reprogrammed to truck

Prbably more stuff that I can't remember but for a 16 year old truck it runs and drives great. Everything now works on it and it's even legal (if you can pass inspection where I live you're doing pretty good - especially the emissions) Still got a little more to do on it. When I'm done I'm probably gonna have to sell it. Wife won't let me start on the Jimmy until I do. I told her we have enough driveway. What's the matter with people nowdays?

Attached Thumbnails July Nominations-blazer.jpg   July Nominations-center-console-1.jpg   July Nominations-console-passenger.jpg   July Nominations-digital-dash.jpg   July Nominations-side.jpg  

Last edited by Gimpy Blazer; 06-08-2010 at 03:02 PM. Reason: Add pics for Blazer
Old 06-11-2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Sisk
Nominations will be open until the 7th. Nominees will have until 8PM EST on the 10th to accept. If all nominees have accepted by the 10th, the randomization (providing there are more than 5 nominees) will take place and the top 5 will go to the voting thread. Randomization will be on the 5th.

So when is the voting thread up? I've got an inchin' for a votin'!

Old 06-15-2010, 12:06 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Sorry guys...really late on the voting thread lol. It will be up shortly.