Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Shows & Clubs (https://blazerforum.com/forum/shows-clubs-27/)
-   -   Any WI. clubs (https://blazerforum.com/forum/shows-clubs-27/any-wi-clubs-11136/)

sasquatchfound 06-06-2007 10:23 AM

Any WI. clubs

Does any one know of any blazer clubs in WI.?

lennyblazer 06-06-2007 07:14 PM

RE: Any WI. clubs

I dont know of any but I live in WI most of the time, when I am not I am in the UP going to school. I live in Appleton and would be up for finding place to go wheeling or what not.

-Lenny

RCars2 06-08-2007 01:21 PM

Well officially im in arizona but im game for making trips to wisconsin to go wheeling. (gives me an excuse besides family to drive on up). I may know a couple places around the LaCrosse area that we may be able to use for wheelin(just gotta call up some friends and family).

94blueknight 01-01-2008 11:22 AM

ya we should deffinently make a WI blazer club. a good friend of mine has a VW and hes in a pretty good club and likes it a lot. that just makes me want to have a blazer club more

quinnman105 01-07-2008 10:41 AM

http://www.frappr.com/blazerforum

RCars2 01-07-2008 03:56 PM

I have no problems with making a WI Blazer Club, might want to extend it maybe to some of the neighboring states to attract a few more members (ie minnesota, illinois, upper michigan, and iowa). Might take a bit to get it off the ground but would be kinda cool for people in the north central states to have a way to organize meets and such. If ya like i can setup a website and forumat some point to post meets, cleanups, and such.

94blueknight 01-07-2008 11:40 PM

ORIGINAL: RCars2

I have no problems with making a WI Blazer Club, might want to extend it maybe to some of the neighboring states to attract a few more members (ie minnesota, illinois, upper michigan, and iowa). Might take a bit to get it off the ground but would be kinda cool for people in the north central states to have a way to organize meets and such. If ya like i can setup a website and forumat some point to post meets, cleanups, and such.
ya that would be so sweet rcars2 we should def start a wisconsin area blazer club! i'm all in!!

RCars2 01-08-2008 12:07 AM

Awesome thats one person on board, lenny you game too?

Hopefully im still fluent with phpBBB so i can whip up a forum. Might have my roommate help me a bit, hes really good with php script. Gonna take me a little while to get it it all setup and get a domain and whatnot but ill keep you posted on progress. Any idea what name we should have? Best i can come up with is North Central Blazer Owners Association (NCBOA for short). Any and all other suggestions will be accepted.

94blueknight 01-08-2008 11:42 AM

sweet ya ik html so i can help out w/ the website bit for a good portion never heard of php.

and i'll have to give it some thought to the name of the club. (just as like a mind starter my buddies club is called VENOM aka Volkswagen Enthusists Network Of Milwaukee i thoght it was pretty clever and the name sounds pretty cool so somethin kinda like that would be cool)

RCars2 01-08-2008 01:37 PM

I think i can still hammer out some good old html but im always happy to offload some work where i can. Plus im artistically challenged so many of the sites i make are extremely bland.I think i found a host for the site thats dirt cheap and has the support i need but i gotta contact them and see if they have SQL server services installed or if they have to be loaded on the server, same goes for php. After that deploying the forum itself isnt as bad as i thought. Its even web configureable to a certain degree which will speed things up.

94blueknight 01-08-2008 04:28 PM

ok sweet ya plus ik some ppl that could help out w/ some site design seeing as one of my friends does it for a job lol but ya we should try and get as many ppl as we can with in the wisconsin area so we can have a good group. but first we should plan some stuff out figure a name and such then do some advertising and make some like buisness cards to hand out to ppl like put em on other ppls blazers that we see be like hey i really like ur blazer u should join our club or somethin

lennyblazer 01-08-2008 08:27 PM

Yeah I would be in for a WI club, but I see that between the 3 of us now, we span a nice 2,000 miles. I definately think we need to get more people. I like that VENOM name, so I will try thinking of something for blazers that could be that cool, and then we could decals and stuff. Maybe even tie it into some of the states that touch WI. Definately got to include the UP, since I am up there 8 out 12 months of the year and they got wicked awesome offroading. We should definately invite both offroaders and lowriders and stock blazers.

94blueknight 01-08-2008 09:09 PM

ya this would def be a club for everyone that owns a blazer we wanna help other people out w/ their blazers no matter if they ride high low or standard. and it would cover the neighboring states to wisconsin to get a larger crowd. and everyone that joins would get a decal to put on their blazer just to help represent and every member would get some buisness cards to help spread our club.

94blueknight 01-08-2008 09:39 PM

just thought of some names that could possibly be for the club

BOWA - Blazers Of Wisconsin Area
NOWAB - Network Of Wisconsin Area Blazers

lemme know what u think!

quinnman105 01-09-2008 10:56 AM

How about
BOOWA= Blazer Owners Of Wisconsin Area
Just an idea

94blueknight 01-09-2008 11:23 AM

ya that could work it'd be nice to get a big list of different combinations of words and stuff and then decide from there which ones the best

quinnman105 01-09-2008 11:56 AM

Cool..

RCars2 01-10-2008 11:33 AM

I kinda like both bowa and boowa. Especially since both of those are way better than anything i can come up with. I R non-creative, LOL.

Millertime21 01-10-2008 11:50 AM

I'd be down. I live in Northern Illinois and am constantly going to Wisconsin for camping and my parents have a cabin there.

quinnman105 01-10-2008 12:24 PM

I kinda like both bowa and boowa. Especially since both of those are way better than anything i can come up with. I R non-creative, LOL.
maybe ya can make 2 different sites

RCars2 01-11-2008 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: quinnman105

maybe ya can make 2 different sites
We'll see, more than likely though just one site will do. Less work that way plus it would be redundant.

94blueknight 01-11-2008 09:44 AM

ya one site cuz the only diff between the 2 is an o so we'd just have to decide which one we wanted

quinnman105 01-11-2008 09:55 AM

[sm=goodidea.gif]

RCars2 01-11-2008 11:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Millertime21

I'd be down. I live in Northern Illinois and am constantly going to Wisconsin for camping and my parents have a cabin there.
I completely missed your post the first time through, my bad man. Yes welcome, we will always welcome anyone from the WI, MN, IA, ILor Upper MI Area.

Sounds like we are really getting this thing going.Good thing too as i would love going wheeling (or cruisin for thosewe may acquire with lowered rides)and just hanging out with some fellow northlanders. Who knows, in time we may even get some of us together to go to meets and carshows (Holmen, WI Cornfest Fall Carshow FTW!!!). Still gotta get us a name though. I'll let ya all ponder ideas for another week and then we'll vote on which sounds best, sound fair?

BTW just for the record, here is our running total of founding members. As a bonus, when the forum goes up, you all will have a special tag under your names saying that you all are part of the original members and in additionill give out moderator priviledges. To anyone else who would like to join, if you get in before i put the site up (in about a couple weeks is projected as to when it will all be up, at least the forum bit anyways, main page i'll work out with 94blueknight)you will get the same tag and mod rights, unless we get too many (in excess of10)in which case we will have some sort of process to determine who will get mod.

Founding Members:
RCars2
94blueknight
Lennyblazer
Millertime21

94blueknight 01-11-2008 02:27 PM

i think us 4 would prolly be best for the founders cuz we r the ones runnin the beginings of this. and what do u want me to do for the front page? like an into page that says click to enter or somethin just lemme know where u got the rest of the site directed or send me some stuff so i can see where the site is goin so i can get a good front page for us. after we get the site goin or i see it i'll start workin on some business cards so we can hand em out or stick on ppls windshields.

and ya have any of u heard of Holy Hill Church out in like Hartford area? cuz its a bunch of country around the church and soo many really good back roads w/ a lotta turns and stuff me and my buddies go cruzin back there a lot. i dont know of that many actual off road spots round here atleast. but ya we def should go to as many blazer shows as we can. i dont know of that many shows tho but i'm sure u guys do or others do.

nj4x4blaze 01-11-2008 02:43 PM

Subsonic Kustomz is also in WI, IL,NJ,IN, MN,MI,

94blueknight 01-11-2008 02:52 PM

really sweet where at in WI?

nj4x4blaze 01-11-2008 03:14 PM

Members are all over the state of WI..

RCars2 01-11-2008 03:26 PM

ORIGINAL: 94blueknight

i think us 4 would prolly be best for the founders cuz we r the ones runnin the beginings of this. and what do u want me to do for the front page? like an into page that says click to enter or somethin just lemme know where u got the rest of the site directed or send me some stuff so i can see where the site is goin so i can get a good front page for us. after we get the site goin or i see it i'll start workin on some business cards so we can hand em out or stick on ppls windshields.

and ya have any of u heard of Holy Hill Church out in like Hartford area? cuz its a bunch of country around the church and soo many really good back roads w/ a lotta turns and stuff me and my buddies go cruzin back there a lot. i dont know of that many actual off road spots round here atleast. but ya we def should go to as many blazer shows as we can. i dont know of that many shows tho but i'm sure u guys do or others do.
I got some ideas on the site design that im running through my head so ill make a rough template tonight or tomorrow and PM ya the info and see what ya think. Kinda wanna format the site to have the main page be news and events and then have links to the forum and some other pages. I'll iron it out more to get ya a better idea and we'll run it by lenny and millertime to see what they think as well.

Heh, hartford. Shoot i havent been there since i was just a little kid. Might have to make a point of seeing these back roads next time I make a trip up.

94blueknight 01-11-2008 03:27 PM

ok sounds good i'll check it out and see if some guys from there would be interested in joining!

Millertime21 01-11-2008 05:00 PM

I got some ideas on the site design that im running through my head so ill make a rough template tonight or tomorrow and PM ya the info and see what ya think. Kinda wanna format the site to have the main page be news and events and then have links to the forum and some other pages. I'll iron it out more to get ya a better idea and we'll run it by lenny and millertime to see what they think as well.

Heh, hartford. Shoot i havent been there since i was just a little kid. Might have to make a point of seeing these back roads next time I make a trip up.
Sounds good. I'm not to handy with a computer and designing web sites, but just let me know what you want me to do and I'll help out.

94blueknight 01-11-2008 05:21 PM

ORIGINAL: 94blueknight

ya they rnt like dirt roads they r just small twisted roads in back country their tight when u get to WI just lemme know when u wanna check it out and we'll go for a drive

lennyblazer 01-11-2008 08:40 PM

Yep sounds good to me too. Sorry I havent been oun for a while, just got internet tonight since I made the move to a new apartment at school. I am not too good with webpages and stuff, but once we come up with a name I might be able to work some magic on decal designs. Also I am pretty good at coming up with wordings/proofing text documents. Just let me know. Also I will work on some names for the club.

I never been to Hartford, I got to go exploring WI more, I have explored probably half of the UP now, and northern WI and near the Appleton area. but there arent too many offroading places other than the ones I have found in the UP. Its awesome because I just have to drive 4-5 miles and I have an serious off roading spot when at school in the UP.

94blueknight 01-12-2008 12:22 AM

what r u goin to school for in the UP?

IceBerg 01-12-2008 02:22 AM

I am one of the members of subsonic kustomz in WI.

lennyblazer 01-12-2008 12:47 PM

Electrical Engineering at Michigan Tech University, in Houghton, MI. We are sort of out in the middle of nowhere, but are a pretty well known school in the midwest and pretty much I guess everywhere in the US for making some damn good engineers. Pretty much we only have engineering, I think the next big major would be like forest managment or business.

94blueknight 01-12-2008 01:28 PM

sweet ya thats what its like for me i go to MSOE (Milwaukee School Of Engineering) and its all engineering and nursing its pretty sweet cuz MSOE has a 99% job output rate so it pretty much gaurenties me a job straight outta college.

quinnman105 01-12-2008 03:55 PM

Cool.

lennyblazer 01-12-2008 06:17 PM

Yeah I looked at MSOE and then decided the city was not for me. We have like a 97%+ job placement rate, so I should be golden getting out of school to.

94blueknight 01-12-2008 11:41 PM

ya i dont mind the city but i def prefer country! i hate city traffic and lights and everything that comes w/ it and besides buildings dont look as good as open winding tree lined roads.