Shows & Clubs Know of a show to which you can bring your Blazer? Post it! Have a car club for Blazers? Tell us!

North East Florida

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2020, 03:19 PM
Beginning Member
YoureATowel is on a distinguished road
Default North East Florida

Are there any shows that anyone knows of around North Eastern Florida. I'm in the Jacksonville area and I haven't really seen many truck or off-road meets or shows really. I could also just be out of the loop. If not then why don't we start one?

Old 10-08-2020, 05:41 PM
blazen_red_4x4 is on a distinguished road

I'm not far from you in Lake City. Not much really that I can think of. Every one around here seems to either have a beater mud toy that they take to Woodpecker or Hog Waller, or daddy's money with a new Silverado on 24's and low profile MT's with the rear bumper dragging the ground, and they just meet up in the parking lot of the local Zaxby's on Friday night lol.

I've taken my Blazer through the trails in Osceola Forest a few times, it's only about a 10 minute drive from me. Wouldn't recommend going out there by yourself as it's pretty easy to misjudge some spots and high center on your axle and get stuck pretty quick... Running those trails is what made me decide to put a winch on my Blazer. But here lately I've been taking our ATV's out there instead. Not so much recently as all the trails are almost completely flooded...

When I had my Tacoma, I would meet up with some guys in a Toyota forum and travel down to Ocala and run the trails in HardRock. Haven't been there in a while though.

Every once in a while there's a car show here in town, or Fort White, or Gainesville. Usually a mix of tuners, hot rods, and bone stock Mustangs and Challengers lol, but every once in a while there will be a small group of 4x4's there too. Mostly show queens though...

Last edited by blazen_red_4x4; 10-08-2020 at 05:51 PM.
Old 10-08-2020, 06:18 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by blazen_red_4x4
Every once in a while there's a car show here in town, or Fort White, or Gainesville. Usually a mix of tuners, hot rods, and bone stock Mustangs and Challengers lol, but every once in a while there will be a small group of 4x4's there too. Mostly show queens though...
If your trucks not dirty, do you even have a 4x4?

Old 10-08-2020, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
If your trucks not dirty, do you even have a 4x4?
clean is overrated lol

Old 10-08-2020, 08:38 PM
Beginning Member

My Blazer was bought as a project to rebuild and fix it up. Nothing to special but I was planning on going to the trails every so often. When I had my old Silverado, my buddy and I would go to Ocala all the time. I went with him to Osceola one with his Jeep group but I didn’t have a 4x4 at the time. I thought there was a speedway down in Gainesville but I may just be thinking of Green Cove. Once my blazer is up in running I plan on making some comfortable trips to the trails and speedways (without racing of course lol). My Mustang just gets tiring and I can’t really do much without spending a ton of money on it.

on a side note maybe we should start a Blazer trail riding thing. Or maybe just a trail thing in general.

Old 10-08-2020, 09:41 PM
Cimmerian is on a distinguished road

When I lived in South Florida, all the groups were basically just Jeep owners and they pretty much sneered at anything not a Jeep.

Old 10-08-2020, 11:46 PM
go chevy is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Cimmerian
When I lived in South Florida, all the groups were basically just Jeep owners and they pretty much sneered at anything not a Jeep.
I agree, although the "Jeep thing" is really all over the place it seems like... If you don't own a Jeep your 4x4 is not a real 4x4 in most of their eyes lol... My thought on that though is "Jeeps are cute, didn't Barbie own one?" LOL!!!!!

Old 10-09-2020, 03:48 AM
Beginning Member

I’m pretty sure she did lol. The group that my buddy is in has more than just Jeeps and they don’t judge which is nice. They ride with a couple guys that have F150s and Silverados among other vehicles. They were actually talking about that when I went with them. They go to the Osceola trails a bit. Might be a good thing to join. Once I get mine up and running (eventually lol), we should hit them up. I have only been there once.

Old 10-09-2020, 10:46 PM

Most of the trails out in Osceola are pretty narrow and are mostly ATV and SXS trails, but you can still get around in most of them with a smaller vehicle. A full size might have some trouble maneuvering in some spots...

And yes there is Gainesville Raceway, but it's just a drag strip and a road course.

Old 10-10-2020, 06:11 AM
Beginning Member

We must have been on a really good trail when I went with him. I’ll probably stick with Ocala then. Can’t be losing my vehicle right after fixing it haha