Shows & Clubs Know of a show to which you can bring your Blazer? Post it! Have a car club for Blazers? Tell us!

Droptober Fest 10-20-2007 (PA)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007 | 06:35 AM
|
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Droptober Fest 10-20-2007 (PA)

Sweet!

Old 10-12-2007 | 06:18 AM
|

Bump

Old 10-12-2007 | 06:41 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

going to a show is and putting your truck in the show whether win or lose is just to have fun plus you have your vehicle there with you so you don't have to worry about parking lol and plus don't have to worry about people breaking into it at all cause your there with it at the show just make sure like was said before you have it clean and that increases your chances at least and also have a good display like oil water and gas cans out on display plus an emergency roadside kit out you will see when you go to a show your first is always an experience then when you meet people and learn about showing your next one you will know what it takes to win! but i like to show just for the fun i enjoy just going.

Old 10-16-2007 | 06:06 AM
|

Yep make sure your truck is clean inside and out. Make sure to clean the wheel wells as well. Would hurt to clean the dust and dirt under the hood as well. Some shows require you to open the hood so they can see if you clean your motor. Also a good tip ata show is never leave your windows open if you plan on walking around to see the other vehicles in the show. It's not the people in the show you have to worry about, it's the people that are spectators at the show you need to worry about. I have been to a ton of shows and never ever had a problem. But some of my friends has some minor issues, but it was their own fault.

Old 10-16-2007 | 07:07 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

yea when you go look around try and see where the judges are at in judging cause then once your vehicle is judged you can close it up but during judging you want to have it opened up plus so you know your judged on a point system so haveing a display haveing the vehicle opened up all the way doors hood rear hatch the works also if you have a wheel pulled and your vehicle set on a painted or chrome stand that adds points too but make sure its spotless everywhere you have visisble that way you get as many points as possible. good luck to you don't stress about it just go have fun

Old 10-16-2007 | 09:09 AM
|

Exactly just go and have fun. I'm just going to clean the truck on friday (as long it doesn't rain) that way saturday all I have to do is spot clean it.

Old 10-16-2007 | 01:05 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

Bad news, Buds!

My mechanic still hasn't finished the work on my cooling system. He's been working part-time on my truck, because he recently was hired working at a shop 150 miles away. However, since he started working on my truck before he took the job, he did fully commit to finishing the work and doing a good job of it. The down side is that it's taking a lot longer.

He says it should be done by this weekend, but that probably also means I'll miss Droptoberfest.Bummer! [:@]

On the upside,I had some free time on my hands on Sunday, so I shaved off all the emblems. LOL

Old 10-16-2007 | 01:26 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

was it faded bad? I took the 'chevrolet' off the back of my red 98 and it was really faded. when the sun is at just the right angle you can clearly read chevrolet. I don't know if I should take 'blazer' off or not

Old 10-16-2007 | 02:11 PM
Psychropod is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: otnietdehoooo
was it faded bad? I took the 'chevrolet' off the back of my red 98 and it was really faded. when the sun is at just the right angle you can clearly read chevrolet. I don't know if I should take 'blazer' off or not
It depends on how faded the paint is on your truck. On mine, the emblems on thedoors (including the "LS" badges) all came off clean. It was the ones on the back that gave me a little hassle. It looked like they used a different type of glue on the back left side one, because itwas hellcleaning it off. The back right side one they slapped on before the paint dried, so there is a little warping of the paint. Not noticeable from a distance, but just enough to annoy me.

I can't do it at all on my wife's Jimmy, because the emblems are actually embedded into the body kit. I think her truck looks better with the emblems anyway.

The day before I removed the badges, we went up to PA for a haunted house thing. At a convenience store, an S-10 pickup pulled up next to us that was the same color as my Blazer, except it had a two-tone, horizontal fade-red-to-black paint job. It dawned on me that that kind of paint scheme would look SICK on my Blazer. If I can PhotoShop it, I'll post a pic later.

Whether I get the full paint job or not, I've decided toshave the rear windshield wiper, since it's an eyesore that I never use anyway. I'll remove the wiper, then have a shop fill in the holes and do a full repaint of the hatch.

Old 10-16-2007 | 03:18 PM
|

Sucks that you might not be able to go to the show. Two tone paint jobs always look good if you find the right color combo. My buddie just shaved off his rear wiper on his Xtreme Blazer. I thought about doing it to mine, but I actually use mine when I need to see whats behind me in the rain. Also its great to clean off snow build up when driving. Hey if you even plan on lowering your blazer 2", let me know I have everything you need brand new.

Quick Reply: Droptober Fest 10-20-2007 (PA)