Shows & Clubs Know of a show to which you can bring your Blazer? Post it! Have a car club for Blazers? Tell us!

Michigan blazer GTG #2

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 12:14 AM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

i can't. i'm coaching football this fall which is a 6 day a week thing. take some pictures and make me jealous. maybe you'll see the stupid jimmy again

Old 09-13-2010, 11:28 PM
Starting Member
EzTec is on a distinguished road

For those who will be going, I plan on getting to the park at around 12:30 this Saturday. I will be bringing my grill, hot dogs, buns, condiments, drinks and other what-nots. If you would like to bring some extra dogs and buns, please feel free.

Old 09-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Starting Member
TreasonAgainstCaesar is on a distinguished road

I really wish I could make this... the blazer needs some work (shocks and idler arm at the minimum) and I don't have time or money to do either just yet.

Old 09-19-2010, 12:35 AM
Starting Member

I just got home from The Mounds. It was a group of us that went in my truck. My girlfriend, cousin and my buddy Justin. We had a blast. I got stuck twice, got pulled out, twice. Almost flipped the truck. I'll have pics up soon. But, as for now, I'm going to bed, because I'm exhausted.

Old 09-19-2010, 05:58 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

how did you almost roll? i want to see your stuck shots.

Old 09-19-2010, 06:42 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Can't wait to see the pics.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:15 PM
Starting Member

Well, as promised, here are some pics. It was pretty sloppy out. We had lots of rain come through and make it really wet, so not a lot stuck to the side of the truck. I even took off the mud flaps, in hopes that it would make the truck look nice and muddy. Darn.

Here's a nice aerial view from the rock climb:

This is shortly after getting back to the gazebo for a break:

Here we all are posing for a pic. Me in the back, with my girl in the yellow, my buddy Justin and my cousin to the right:

My girlfriend playing with the mud:

My girlfriend having some more fun playing with the mud:

And well, last but certainly not least, my stuckness. Yea, it pretty much sucked. lol. Almost rolling it is not what I had in mind. I'll start from the beginning; I was taking the high ground trying to get past the huge ruts in the trail. I knew that I wouldn't be able to get through the low ground due to the fact that it was so deep. Well, as I was traversing the high ground, the ground actually gave way, and I slid in. I hit so hard, that I almost flipped. Luckily, it didn't, but still. Pretty freakin scary. Here's the pics:

This is shortly after everyone got out of the truck. I went into the back to get the recovery rope I got:

Here's a good front view of what it looked like:

I had to get a little wet. I stepped into the rut to recover my recovery rope that I dropped into the slop:

And finally, this is me getting pulled out of my predicament. I have the recovery rope on my driver side tow hook, and my passenger side tow hook is anchored to a tree, and you can see some guy and my buddy Justin try to put weight on the top so it doesn't flip:

It was seriously a crazy moment. I could rock the truck back and forth with just one hand. Luckily, very minimal damage. Only a small dent in the driver side rear quarter panel. As I was getting pulled out, the truck listed to the left, and all I saw was a wall of mud and water. I was so scared. I almost had to change my underwear. lol.

It was certainly a great day off roading. I had lots of fun.

Old 09-20-2010, 07:56 PM
NewFirstGen is on a distinguished road

You're the only one that showed up?? Dont feel too bad, I have had a similar thing happen.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by NewFirstGen
You're the only one that showed up?? Dont feel too bad, I have had a similar thing happen.
Yup, only one. But I had good company.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:41 PM
blueblazer1982 is on a distinguished road

you guys should go to silver lake sometime. i'd go if you went there. the mounds are a good trip for me

Quick Reply: Michigan blazer GTG #2