Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums

Blazer Forum - Chevy Blazer Forums (https://blazerforum.com/forum/)
-   Sights N Sounds (https://blazerforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-6/)
-   -   0-60mph & BURNOUTS (https://blazerforum.com/forum/sights-n-sounds-6/0-60mph-burnouts-35494/)

1baddblazer 10-05-2009 03:32 PM

0-60mph & BURNOUTS

the first is a clip is of my intake setup and a couple of 0-60mph videos...first 0-60 is preloading and the second isnt preloading..NO ITS NOT INTAKES ALONE...4.11 GEARS, SHIFT KIT, ENGINE MODS. if u listen close u can hear the intakes suckin in air...enjoy

the second clip is a video of a couple of buddies of mine and me doing some burnouts...let me know what ya think...oh yeah one more thing. the last burnout on video is when i shattered my diff which i think is mainly because of bigger tires over time..lol but hey what can i say at least it went out in a burnout and not "just driving down the road..boring"...pics will follow video...it insane..enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf_nf_8O4VY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKdQ9s7Nc34

swartlkk 10-05-2009 03:47 PM

:icon_playing:I would have thought it would be faster...:icon_shrug:

TripleBlackBlazer 10-05-2009 03:53 PM

You should patent that epic monstrosity of a heatsoak, name it "Medusa" and make MILLIONS!

Scratch that...BILLIONS!

1baddblazer 10-05-2009 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by swartlkk (Post 251487)
:icon_playing:I would have thought it would be faster...:icon_shrug:

lol i wish it was but its 0-60 in bout 8 sec...pretty good considering what stock is... when i get done with my s10 (383 stroker)..then i might plant a 350 or so in there...but right now just a daily driver with a little power

1baddblazer 10-05-2009 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer (Post 251489)
You should patent that epic monstrosity of a heatsoak, name it "Medusa" and make MILLIONS!

Scratch that...BILLIONS!

LMAO... thanks

TheBrettster 10-05-2009 05:36 PM

hey 1 badd i got a new mod for ya.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...7091442-00.jpg

RangerG 10-05-2009 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by TheBrettster (Post 251541)

LOL!!! Its not dual, its not quadruple, does anyone know how to describe that exhaust!!

PaulO2288 10-05-2009 06:01 PM

Ummm im not going to lie The Brettster that has to be the funniest thing ever....Umm moar tips moar better? lol

Mike Pargiello 10-05-2009 06:12 PM

^More intakes more better?

See the trend? lol

1baddblazer 10-05-2009 06:17 PM

LMAO..thats some crazy stuff right there...what would you think if you saw that going down the road...

PaulO2288 10-05-2009 06:26 PM

It would be cool if there was like a button you could hit and it would shoot a tip off at ricers and or ford's behind him! muhahaha

1baddblazer 10-05-2009 06:32 PM

hahahaha or have a massive flame thrower...now that would be funny as hell

mdehoogh 10-05-2009 07:57 PM

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KY3-kAF8Cw...cket+truck.jpg

oktain 10-05-2009 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by mdehoogh (Post 251608)

lmfao, bye bye Civic! You won't be missed.

okvortec 10-05-2009 10:47 PM

I think Brett is trying to symbolize the uselessness of excessive exhaust the same as the uselessness of 3 hot-air intakes.:icon_munching:

TheBrettster 10-05-2009 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by okvortec (Post 251680)
I think Brett is trying to symbolize the uselessness of excessive exhaust the same as the uselessness of 3 hot-air intakes.:icon_munching:

Correct

old skool luvr 10-05-2009 11:30 PM

yeah, what 's with the three cones? when i first saw the plumb job, i thought, "oh, this guy is running a turbo", but then i saw all the filters.........and then i saw his run............
where'd you find that Sierra with the crazy pipe work Brett?

steveyjr1982 10-06-2009 07:34 PM

I'd hate to see how many intakes your gonna have with that 383 stroker in there. You might as well throw 4 snorkel kits while your in there to make it breathe better and thats all running through stock exhaust right? You better put on 5 cats too

jimhens82 10-06-2009 07:52 PM

can i say .......nvm. ??????????

1baddblazer 10-06-2009 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by steveyjr1982 (Post 252043)
I'd hate to see how many intakes your gonna have with that 383 stroker in there. You might as well throw 4 snorkel kits while your in there to make it breathe better and thats all running through stock exhaust right? You better put on 5 cats too

y would i have stock exhaust with a truck like that...got a 50 series flowmaster no cat...on the 383 stroker just one k&n round....enough with the intake comments already...i redid all that today with a heatshield.

NVANZEE 10-06-2009 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by 1baddblazer (Post 251569)
LMAO..thats some crazy stuff right there...what would you think if you saw that going down the road...

the same thing i though when i saw 3 intakes.

Originally Posted by 1baddblazer (Post 252057)
i redid all that today with a heatshield.

i cant wait to see pics of this

1baddblazer 10-06-2009 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by NVANZEE (Post 252062)

i cant wait to see pics of this

didnt go to lowes like i wanted to. found some scrap sheetmetal around the house...just temp right now. but hey it does the trick...its put in there all crappy cause it started raining on me and wanted to take pic before i got soaked...lol:icon_hyper:

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/a...c/DSCN2996.jpg

oktain 10-06-2009 08:55 PM

I'm honestly over the intake comments too... Gotta say I feel like less of a dick for not joining the "let's raz the **** out of 1baddblazer" band wagon. Do you have your MAF in there? I'm just curious if you see a difference with or without it.

1baddblazer 10-06-2009 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by oktain (Post 252073)
I'm honestly over the intake comments too... Gotta say I feel like less of a dick for not joining the "let's raz the **** out of 1baddblazer" band wagon. Do you have your MAF in there? I'm just curious if you see a difference with or without it.

thanks man means a lot...Nah not yet...got one ordered

TripleBlackBlazer 10-06-2009 10:21 PM

Originally Posted by oktain (Post 252073)

There's a difference between joining the forum just to "raz" someone and being straightforward with a hint of sarcasm after reading the matter-of-fact attitude of the OP.

Everything can't be sugar coated marshmallows.

Glad to see you're on the right track OP.

RangerG 10-06-2009 10:36 PM

Originally Posted by 1baddblazer (Post 252064)
didnt go to lowes like i wanted to. found some scrap sheetmetal around the house...just temp right now. but hey it does the trick...its put in there all crappy cause it started raining on me and wanted to take pic before i got soaked...lol:icon_hyper:

Did you notice a difference between the 3 Intakes and the 1 with a heatshield?

oktain 10-06-2009 10:48 PM

You have to be careful with little things like that, alot of it is in your mind too lol.

I'll say it again though, the constant cat calls about the OP having multiple filters got old really quick, the first sarcastic comment may have been somewhat funny, but it went overboard real quick. I know I wouldn't have appreciated it and I'm surprised 1baddblazer still comes back here after the way he was treated, I don't think I would have.

I'm not saying the OP was right in the way he expressed his opinion TBB, I'm just saying that he didn't deserve the degree of flaming he got. I.E. "Retarded GM owner of the week". Pointing out he's wrong and that he'd be better off with 1 filter and an MAF should have never escalated to the level it did.

Originally Posted by NVANZEE

Originally Posted by 1baddblazer

I deem this acceptable "fun-poking"

TheBrettster 10-07-2009 12:29 AM

Cut that 50 series off theres more hp.

50 series have to be one of the worst mufflers out.

1baddblazer 10-07-2009 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by oktain (Post 252108)
You have to be careful with little things like that, alot of it is in your mind too lol.

I'll say it again though, the constant cat calls about the OP having multiple filters got old really quick, the first sarcastic comment may have been somewhat funny, but it went overboard real quick. I know I wouldn't have appreciated it and I'm surprised 1baddblazer still comes back here after the way he was treated, I don't think I would have.

I'm not saying the OP was right in the way he expressed his opinion TBB, I'm just saying that he didn't deserve the degree of flaming he got. I.E. "Retarded GM owner of the week". Pointing out he's wrong and that he'd be better off with 1 filter and an MAF should have never escalated to the level it did.

I deem this acceptable "fun-poking"

thanks man for seeing it that way. that is one reason i left s10forum cause everyone always thought they were better then everyone else and shot down everybody just about... Jerks..YEAH i did not that comment about the Retarded GM owner of the week. Customizing is all about trial and error.. to see what works and what doesnt. I didnt deserve some of the comments i got.anyway i can tell a little difference but not much..still working on making it better though

old skool luvr 10-07-2009 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by TheBrettster (Post 252142)

really?

Originally Posted by 1baddblazer (Post 252212)
thanks man for seeing it that way. that is one reason i left s10forum cause everyone always thought they were better then everyone else and shot down everybody just about... Jerks..YEAH i did not that comment about the Retarded GM owner of the week. Customizing is all about trial and error.. to see what works and what doesnt. I didnt deserve some of the comments i got.anyway i can tell a little difference but not much..still working on making it better though

i hear you on that brother. i noticed someone went to the trouble of starting a new profile-with a name flamin' u for the CAI on your truck (that's going waaaaay too far ppl). when i was asking about factual dyno results, it wasn't because i didn't beleive you, i just want to see an actual HP gain (i think we all luv it when we see our numbers grow).

PaulO2288 10-07-2009 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by TheBrettster (Post 252142)

Yeah i would agree. I would get a 40 series of the hooker maximum flow they are hell of a lot better!

1baddblazer 10-07-2009 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr (Post 252267)
really?

i hear you on that brother. i noticed someone went to the trouble of starting a new profile-with a name flamin' u for the CAI on your truck (that's going waaaaay too far ppl). when i was asking about factual dyno results, it wasn't because i didn't beleive you, i just want to see an actual HP gain (i think we all luv it when we see our numbers grow).

i know man. if i had the results i would post. we only had 1 dyno round here and now they r shut down... wouldnt mind finding a place closer that can dyno...

1baddblazer 10-07-2009 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by PaulO2288 (Post 252275)
Yeah i would agree. I would get a 40 series of the hooker maximum flow they are hell of a lot better!

i was doing research for 40 series a while back cause i was gonna switch. never got around to it. the local muffler guy here suggested 50 series (sucks).. my buddy has 40 series sounds a lot better...but thanks for the advice guys

PaulO2288 10-07-2009 03:32 PM

I would deff do the new super 44 cause all the new 40's have the delta crap to it

TheBrettster 10-07-2009 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by 1baddblazer (Post 252282)
i was doing research for 40 series a while back cause i was gonna switch. never got around to it. the local muffler guy here suggested 50 series (sucks).. my buddy has 40 series sounds a lot better...but thanks for the advice guys

they always will so they can charge u more.

old skool luvr 10-07-2009 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by 1baddblazer (Post 252282)

Originally Posted by PaulO2288 (Post 252364)
I would deff do the new super 44 cause all the new 40's have the delta crap to it

Originally Posted by PaulO2288 (Post 252275)

see, the one major problem i have is the sound level. the 50's have a melo sound (not too noticable), and since i usually live off the rev limitter, the Super 44's would have too big of a "bark" to them (for my driving style anyways). like the rest of you, i can't be "trying this, and trying that" to see what works.
i have the Super 50 Series SUV Street Mufflers on my 'Burb, and they sound great (not too loud, but noticable enough). now i know that since my 'Burb is diesel, and doesn't rev as high as a gas engine, i may not be getting to a point (in the exhaust flow) where any real restriction may be encountered, but do the 44's flow that much better?

rriddle3 10-07-2009 05:06 PM

Like you said, it all about how loud you want to be. I knew what I wanted when I got my Flowmaster 50 and I'm quite happy with it. I posted a link a long time ago to a video on Jay Leno's Garage site of an interview with a man from Flowmaster and, IIRC, he said all their mufflers have the same amount of flow, the difference is in the sound.

old skool luvr 10-07-2009 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by rriddle3 (Post 252402)
Like you said, it all about how loud you want to be. I knew what I wanted when I got my Flowmaster 50 and I'm quite happy with it. I posted a link a long time ago to a video on Jay Leno's Garage site of an interview with a man from Flowmaster and, IIRC, he said all their mufflers have the same amount of flow, the difference is in the sound.

that's all i needed to know. that way the rice box is the one that get "popped" for drawing attention when he's trying to play. that, and it's not really nice when you come home really late @ night, waking up the neighbours-never mind that my youngest one has her bedroom @ the front of the house.

TheBrettster 10-08-2009 03:46 PM

Wait leno said this or the guy from FM,

because on silvyss we have dyno sheets to prove otherwise.

old skool luvr 10-08-2009 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by TheBrettster (Post 252809)
Wait leno said this or the guy from FM,

because on silvyss we have dyno sheets to prove otherwise.

prove what? that there is a flow difference between a 50 Series and a Delta 44? how much of a difference?

hey rriddle3, is there a problem if Brett were to post a link for this info?