Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

97 Blazer, 35's an more!

Old 08-29-2011, 06:52 AM
Starting Member
shotnva777 is on a distinguished road
Default 97 Blazer, 35's an more!

What's up guys? (And gals!) I've been on this site for a while now but yet to really post some pictures of my truck! Now that I have my negative camber fixed and my fender wells cut out I figured I could post a few.... along with the FEW mods done to it!

- 35x15x12.50 Mickey Thompson Bajas on the back and the same size on the front but with BF's
- Lift kit was thrown together with several different parts, it was not a kit. It rides very well though and has around 7 inchs of lift. (Flipped upper balljoints and spacers to compensate for the short "t rex style" control arms)
- Airaid cold air intake
- Airaid throttle body spacer
- Flowmaster 40 series with custom piping and slanted rear exits (sounds VERY good)

That's about it! Here's some pictures of my baby... (which I believe a cv axle is going on it! Check out my other post to see what I'm talkin about, I need HELP!) Without further Urdu...

Old 08-29-2011, 08:34 AM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

It looks great.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Starting Member

Thanks!

Old 08-29-2011, 11:12 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Looks great man! Can you get any better pics of the front suspension or go into more details about the parts you threw together?

Old 08-29-2011, 11:25 AM
Dweeberman is on a distinguished road

Definitely has a nice aggressive look! Nice job sir!

Old 08-29-2011, 11:14 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Looking good liking the aggressive look.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
Looks great man! Can you get any better pics of the front suspension or go into more details about the parts you threw together?
Here's a couple pictures I took of the truck today. Really, I was just trying to take pics to show someone the ball joint flip, so there not neccessarily dedicated to diff parts or aspects of the suspension. But from the pictures you can see everything - basically.

I'm not sure exactly how the lift was done my man. I bought the truck already lifted with the wheels and I'm just going of off what I was told and what I've learned working on it. The only thing I've ever put on it was the master cylinder, fuel pump, control arms, hubs and every bushing in the front end! lol

I did do a ball joint flip and got spacers for it (which you can see from the photos). It basically makes it where you can crank your t bars completely while on a lift, without having neg. camber! It's like a cheap mans way of getting longer a arms! I'm still not sure if anyone has done it ever on their Blazer! Mostly 'Yota and S10 guys do it... but I've yet to find where someone has done it for our Blazers.

But here are the pics, if you have any questions.... shoot.

ps: ill also post a picture of how bad my neg. camber was before the balljoint flip and spacers!

THIS IS AFTER THE BJ/spacer MOD!

THIS IS BEFORE THE BJ/SPACER MOD

THIS IS HOW THE BALLJOINT IS ORIGINALLY INSTALLED. THE PLATE ON THE TOP ENDS UP BEING MOUNTED ON THE BOTTOM OF THE ARM (WITH THE SPACER BETWEEN THE PLATE AND THE A ARM)

Last edited by shotnva777; 09-03-2011 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 06:32 PM
Starting Member

Really??? No questions about the balljoint flip or spacers?! That's odd... because no one pointed me in this direction AT THE LEAST when I asked for a solution to my neg camber. It was "new lift kit, longer a arms, your screwed, lower t bars". This is a mod that can help a lot of people, whom I'm sure had my same dilemma. Here's a $40 solution.

Old 09-06-2011, 07:10 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Nope. No questions needed. You did a mod, it seems to have worked. What more is there to say about it?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:02 PM
Starting Member

Yea, I understand and I'm not looking for "credit" or anything of that nature. I just didn't understand why this wasn't mentioned to me by not just members that were trying to help, but senior/moderator members. Whom I figured would know about or mention such a thing.... ya know??

*edit* guess I figured their would be questions about it considering i find no other info about it other than this thread, anywhere on here. Well, atleast not with ppl actually DOING it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 97 Blazer, 35's an more!