Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

To All the K5 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Dweeberman is on a distinguished road
Default To All the K5 Owners

I purchased my first 1989 K5 blazer earlier this year and am curious to see pictures of all my fellow k5 owners blazers. I have many more plans for mine as of right now its sitting on a 2in lift with new 33x12.5x15 Toyo M/T's. Motor is stock (new rebuilt heads) but have many plans with it in the near future. Besides the lift and reversed roll bar, the only other non-stock mod is my single chamber flowmaster wih a turn down tip underneath and a brand new magnaflow cat (installed this afternoon). Thank you in advance for those who post!

Attached Thumbnails To All the K5 Owners-imag0064.jpg   To All the K5 Owners-imag0066.jpg   To All the K5 Owners-imag0063.jpg   To All the K5 Owners-my-blazer.jpg   To All the K5 Owners-imag0067.jpg  

Old 08-12-2011, 06:27 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

Truck looks pretty good, welcome. I'm curious though... why is the rollbar reversed? Seems like a good way to make sure the cab crushes anybody sitting up front with the way it's mounted now.

Old 08-12-2011, 11:47 PM

The reason for the reversal is because I have a kicker soundbar that plays real loud. That way I don't blow my ears out but those ahead of me can listen. The setup is pretty much a party truck right now. When u see it live it looks clean. Like always, have to see in person to appreciate even more thank u for the question!

Old 08-12-2011, 11:53 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

nice truck you got there

Old 08-13-2011, 08:56 AM

I dunno, it looks pretty fantastic in the pics too, haha.

Only thing I don't like is that rollbar being reversed. I would have put more of a cage on it in order to put the soundbar up so you still have front seat protection, but that's just me and to each their own.

You say you have plans but don't tell us what they are... TEASE!!!!! Tell us, tell us tell us! lol

Old 08-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Ky K5 is on a distinguished road

I picked this one up yesterday. 1987 K5, 350ci, flowmaster exhaust, custom roll bar and custom bikini top. Factory rally wheels wraped with goodyear wrangler 35/12.50's. All it needs is a little interior work.

Old 08-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Very nice truck Ky K5! For my '74, take a look at my "build" thread.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:21 AM
litterbug will become famous soon enough

just picked one up yesterady. needs a lot of work!!!!!! but it runs lol.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:35 AM

Wow that thing looks pretty beat up! But for cheap it looks like it could be fun.

Old 08-30-2011, 10:08 AM

definitely looks like its been around the block or the block may have been around it...you will have fun with it for sure...mine keeps costing me more and more the longer i have it! Just got a ticket in the mail for $1,070.00...i can thank my buddy for taking off his seatbelt while i was driving and stading up to open an ice chest while a cop drives by...friends can suck at times (hint...dont let anyone stand up in your blazer on the freeway haha)

Quick Reply: To All the K5 Owners