Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

ARGGG!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 08:03 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default ARGGG!

I need some help from a kid! I must be to old for todays technology. I bought a sony hard drive camcorder and I can't figure out how to upload the video. I can get the sound but not the image.

Old 07-01-2007, 08:12 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: ARGGG!

Model? Method of transfer? Program used?

Old 07-01-2007, 08:16 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

Sony DCR-SR42, transfer from handycam hard disc to computer (my documents)MPEG 2 format in picture motion browser.....does that make sense?

Old 07-01-2007, 08:45 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Ok so I'll assume you're transferring using the USB cable...

Well this is what I could find from the Sony Support website...

From Sony Support

How to transfer video or images from a camcorder with a hard disk drive using a USB connection.

IMPORTANT: Movie player applications must support mpeg 2 playback to open these files properly. Refer to the software manufacturer for additional information and available updates. Turn on the computer. [ul][*]Make sure the camcorder is turned off.[*]Connect the camcorder to the computer using the supplied USB cable.[*]Plug the AC power adapter into an electrical wall outlet and then connect it to the camcorder.[*]Open the LCD screen on the camcorder.[*]Turn on the camcorder.[*]The USB SELECT screen will be displayed on the LCD; touch the HDD icon.[*]Open the My Computer window on the computer.[*]In the My Computer window, double-click the icon that represents the camcorder and then navigate through the folder structure to locate the video you want to transfer. NOTE: The camcorder will be listed in the My Computer window as an additional hard drive.[*]Click to select the video or image files you want to transfer.NOTE: If your are using a High Definition Handycam® Camcorder, Sony recommends copying and pasting the AVCHD folder to the hard drive of the computer before accessing its contents.[*]Type CTRL+C to copy the files.[*]Click on the computer folder to which you want to copy the video or still image files.[*]Type CTRL+V to paste the file into the computer folder.[/ul]
Sounds like if you are using it in high definition mode that it has separate files for the audio and the video...

Old 07-01-2007, 10:45 PM
BF Veteran

I still don't know what the problem is but I did manage to upload a short clip on Youtube.
I don't know why this one worked and the rest of them say incorrect file format.
Crank up the volume and enjoy the 30 seconds.

Thanks kyle but for some reason my computer doesn't recognize the camera...I'll keep trying.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BZySHHznFTs