Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Back-up camera

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2006, 12:04 AM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Back-up camera

It only comes with installation instructions....no other details.

Old 12-08-2006, 10:27 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

Chevy that is cool as hell!! My radio has a hook up for a camera, might do that someday since I have NO sight back there. The tire on the rack takes up a lot of the space and then the two head rests from the rear seats take up the rest... so I cant see crap. I usually rely on my side mirrors for that and try to angle them in a bit.

Old 12-08-2006, 02:58 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I had an '05 Blazer for 8 months and the thing that I disliked the most was the poor visibility to the rear. If I had one of these cameras on it, I probably would have kept the truck.

Old 12-09-2006, 04:02 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, im always worried im running over some little kids visibility is bad in these trucks....mostly from my spare like dory's

Old 01-25-2007, 12:31 AM
batzer is an unknown quantity at this point

Just wondering if you actually had the chance to use this with a trailer attached yet? Does it really mess you up or not while you are backing it up? I have a small utility trailer and it is a pain to back up since it "hides" behind my blazer while I am backing up. Wondering if it would be useful or not>

Old 01-25-2007, 01:45 AM
BF Veteran

No I haven't actually used it with a trailer yet. I think I'm gonna change the location of the camera, up higher. I've been experimenting a little with it and I think I will make up a bracket and mount it inside the rear window, just below the roof. In wet weather the camera tends to get water and dirt on it.
I won't be hooking up the boat til spring.

Old 02-21-2007, 05:03 PM
boulonman is an unknown quantity at this point

Here's a poorman's option, fold the rear headrests down, take the spare out, I got me a fix-o-flat and triple A for now, I am looking for those save space spares which I will fabricate a bracket and mount it underneath the rear chassis, secondly: get those litte convexe mirrors that you glue on to your existing outer mirrors, you will be surprised at how much more you can see with those on,thirdly get a wide angle rearmirror that just clips to the original, it doesnt damage anything and doubles your field of vision, total cost= 20$ I dig those cameras too, but live on a bread and water finance plan if you catch my drift!! I still managed a cherry 2001 LS, 20" chrome rims w/new rubber (really fits the car style!) K&N cold air intake kit, 180 degree stat (the 160 degress will trigger a engine light code 64= coolant temp too low when hits sensor in block.) Real sheepskins and a whole lot of wax on, wax off !! Peace, Boulonman

Old 02-21-2007, 06:09 PM
speeddemon560 is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: boulonman

I still managed a cherry 2001 LS, 20" chrome rims w/new rubber (really fits the car style!) K&N cold air intake kit, 180 degree stat (the 160 degress will trigger a engine light code 64= coolant temp too low when hits sensor in block.) Real sheepskins and a whole lot of wax on, wax off !! Peace, Boulonman
Nice!! Post pics of it!

Old 02-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

ORIGINAL: speeddemon560

ORIGINAL: boulonman

I still managed a cherry 2001 LS, 20" chrome rims w/new rubber (really fits the car style!) K&N cold air intake kit, 180 degree stat (the 160 degress will trigger a engine light code 64= coolant temp too low when hits sensor in block.) Real sheepskins and a whole lot of wax on, wax off !! Peace, Boulonman
Nice!! Post pics of it!
OFF TOPIC, please create a new thread on this.

Old 02-21-2007, 06:36 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

A friend of mine picked up one of those from Costco for $100 Canadian, lol, from what it looks like, it can bolt to the licence plate bolts... Or at least use those holes... which means it's going to get buried in snow, but for the most part, on my Blazer, the licence plate stays pretty clean, so for those with the spare tire out back, it probably stays a lot cleaner...

Also, from what I saw, the camera portion connects to the screen with a standard RCA cable, so it should be compatible with any stereo/screen that has an avaliable input...

I assume for the stereo's that are specifically back up camera compatible, they turn it on/off when you switch to and from that particular input...

Quick Reply: Back-up camera