Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Blazer in the Snow PICS.. POST EMMM

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 10:12 PM
streblo will become famous soon enoughstreblo will become famous soon enough

Well...Not a pic..BUT there is snow...Made the Probable Final edit of blazer khana

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mmVRDbSscs

Old 02-23-2011, 10:48 PM
98BlazerT4X4 is on a distinguished road
Default just a little fun at the parents

Drifts on the side of our road that are higher than my blazer

Small plow hill

Bumper just about kissing the ground

FYI i had to block the tires its a standard and the parking brake sucks with it on and in gear it would not hold. I was up about a foot or so higher

Old 02-23-2011, 10:54 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

^ i hear ya on having a crappy p/brake. made it up to the 4th stair @ my old work, but couldn't get it to stay above the 2nd one for a pic.

looks pretty good Jon.

wish we could get some more snow here. nothing good in the future either.

gotta ask. i notice you play in 2WD most of the time (like in the deep stuff @ 6:07 mark), any reason why you do?

Last edited by old skool luvr; 02-23-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Beginning Member
1998 red blazer is on a distinguished road

Random un-plowed dirt road, my buddy and I ventured down!

Attached Thumbnails Blazer in the Snow PICS.. POST EMMM-blazer-snow-1.jpg  
Old 02-23-2011, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
gotta ask. i notice you play in 2WD most of the time (like in the deep stuff @ 6:07 mark), any reason why you do?

6.07 im in 4x4, no locker up front, the left front is spinning, youll notice a few times once i get going a bit the right front hooks up and starts spinning.
the first scene with music in the parking lot i do the first loop around in 2wd, then youll see me go straight, pause a bit(film speed doubles) as i switch into 4by, i do the rest of that lot in 4x4.

As for my decisions.
Tight stuff (between cars, roundabouts where poles are near) i prefer 2wd. i have better control in a drift in 2by and the speeds are lower. Cant spin in as tight of a circle in 4x4 as can in 2wd. (1:18 in, i actually pivot on the front left wheel)

Generally i only use 4x4 in deeper snow when i want to get the speeds up higher.(1:50&4:54 in im going pretty damn fast (70-80kmh) and thats in 2wd, 4:27 i should have been in 4x4 there to get the speeds up) Tires grip pretty good (grip so good that if the roads arent slippery enough the blazers a bit to underpowered) and if i did say the roudabout in 4x4 theres no way i would be able to go around it nearly 3 times as after about once around i would have picked up to much speed.

Doing stuff like the 360s is to hard on it in 4x4.
And I grew up playing around with my s10 2wd so everything i did and learnt was based on not having the 4x4 option.

So pretty much
4x4 - when i want/need higher speeds. snow is deep. or less obstacles in a nearly open parking lot

2wd - when i want the speeds lower, want the better control, more technical situations.

For the most part when i managed to get out and film the roads were not all that slippery actually, a few weeks ago had some freezing rain and was out doing everything in 4by because i needed the extra traction/speed. When i had my old stock/balder tires i spent ALOT more time in 4by.

Last edited by streblo; 02-23-2011 at 11:22 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 05:50 PM

Ok got some new ones today, got the hitch right into the ground..oops.

Attached Thumbnails Blazer in the Snow PICS.. POST EMMM-img_3255.jpg   Blazer in the Snow PICS.. POST EMMM-img_3252.jpg   Blazer in the Snow PICS.. POST EMMM-img_3249.jpg   Blazer in the Snow PICS.. POST EMMM-img_3247.jpg  
Old 02-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Verno will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by streblo
Ok got some new ones today, got the hitch right into the ground..oops.
Looks Good, @ least your exhaust tips are ok.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:00 PM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by streblo
Well...Not a pic..BUT there is snow...Made the Probable Final edit of blazer khana
that, sir, is one wicked blazer vid! you have the same problem i do when it comes to trying to drift these short trucks, it spins right around at the end of the drift!

loved your vid.

Old 02-26-2011, 10:28 PM
Verno will become famous soon enough

Anyway, I've not tried it, my brother said if you put it in 4wd, turn the steering wheel all the way, then start doing doughnuts from a dead stop, the front inside tire will eventually stay in the same spot, while the back rotates around, like doing a pirouette.
He said he had his 4x4 doing it so fast, he was dizzy when he was done.
And yes, I had to look up how to spell pirouette, lol.
Can anyone confirm this ?

Last edited by Verno; 02-26-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-26-2011, 10:43 PM

Haha thanks. i can hold it around those corners when i want i spin around a few times purposly. like on the 90deg turn earlier in the vid i did it so i spun completly around at the end of it facing perfectly parallel to the curb .. (then the other times its usually because my gf is filming and its cold out so to keep her happy (and keep her filming) i gotta get back and pick her up asap), and it looks weird when i cut the film short of that.
But thanks it was more fun shooting it than anything

Verno - Yes you can do this, my blazer doesnt always seem to hook up doing this, saw my buddy in a durango get this perfect...Ive got it a few times but if the wheel hooks up a little bit it throws it off. Usually need a flat lot and proper slipperyness and i havnt had these things all line up when ive been out with someone who can film
Kinda like this - you have to actually click the link to youtube to watch it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qVt1jxzYPU

Quick Reply: Blazer in the Snow PICS.. POST EMMM