Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Calling All Lifted Trucks!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Beginning Member
BadA$zBravada98 is on a distinguished road

nj4x4blaze... is the ride quality different for the worse, better, or same with lift? And is the body lift a must for the 20's with off road tires? wanna do a good 5-6 inch lift on my bravada after i switch to the selectable 4x4. just trying to get some details to help make up my mind.

fst450... how did you manage 12 inches of lift? just wondering as i think it looks awesome and would like to attempt something similar to my tiny truck to make it stand out as a real 4x4 in the mud? any help is thanked

Last edited by swartlkk; 12-20-2010 at 07:35 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 12-24-2010, 03:18 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ChevyBlazerChick
just realized I can post here!!!

i'm liking the new paint scheme Kayla, looks killer.

but why'd you remove that wild lookin' push bar in the last pic?

got some pic's of a psyco 1st gen, but i'm having an issue with PB right now. gonna try later.

K............it's later.

i'll throw the rest up in thumbnails to conserve space.

a little of the outside........

a little of the underside.............

pretty nice job on the camo too. i'd rock it. i'm liking the use of the Jeep outer fenders on it. kinda rubs their face in it when ya pull them out.

but i think the flag needs to be replaced, it's lookin' a little worn.

Last edited by old skool luvr; 12-24-2010 at 03:41 PM. Reason: PB was being co-operative finally!
Old 12-27-2010, 02:22 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

I'm in love lol. I gotta grab a pic of the typhoon looking one jacked up with big tires. Its sweet. Not quite as big but for a 1st gen it is.

Old 12-27-2010, 11:20 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

brad you need to lift your zr2 and put some 33's, I have yet to see a lifted zr2 jimmy

edit: guess I spoke a little too soon....

but this is the only one I could find...

Old 12-29-2010, 09:15 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

That is my log in account picture lol

Old 12-29-2010, 07:32 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
Originally Posted by zedartwo
That is my log in account picture lol

really Brad? couldn't you PS one of your truck so it looks like it's lifted?

sorry, but your truck looks waaaaaaay better as it sits now. in fact, my brother Jeff was just making that comment earlier today while we were following you over to the trail.

besides...........i've never been a big fan of BL's.

but that's just me.

Old 12-30-2010, 10:10 PM
Blaaazer is on a distinguished road

Here is my 97 4 door. The SFA swap is pretty much done on it, its fully drivable except it doesn't have 4wd yet. So I'm waiting for my gears to come in for the rear so I can work on putting a front driveshaft in, does anybody have any ideas on where to start with that?
But anyways, its got the ORD leaf spring hanger kit, Dana 30 out of a YJ, Rancho 2.5" lift springs for a Wagoneer, Astro van gear box, XJ pitman arm, custom drag link (z bar), SOA in the rear with 2 inch lift shackles and 2 inch blocks. So in total its 11 inches lift in the front and 9 rear.
It has Cragar D Window 15x10 wheels and worn out 33/12.50/15 Pro Comp All Terrains that will be replaced with some mud terrains as soon as I decide which ones I really want. Sorry for the bad pictures

Old 01-01-2011, 02:00 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Blaaazer
Here is my 97 4 door. The SFA swap is pretty much done on it, its fully drivable except it doesn't have 4wd yet. So I'm waiting for my gears to come in for the rear so I can work on putting a front driveshaft in, does anybody have any ideas on where to start with that?
But anyways, its got the ORD leaf spring hanger kit, Dana 30 out of a YJ, Rancho 2.5" lift springs for a Wagoneer, Astro van gear box, XJ pitman arm, custom drag link (z bar), SOA in the rear with 2 inch lift shackles and 2 inch blocks. So in total its 11 inches lift in the front and 9 rear.
It has Cragar D Window 15x10 wheels and worn out 33/12.50/15 Pro Comp All Terrains that will be replaced with some mud terrains as soon as I decide which ones I really want. Sorry for the bad pictures
Your Blazer looks awesome... Are you gonna stick with 33x12.5 when you get new tires? You should paint or bedliner the frame. It would look so much better with a solid black undercarriage compared to the road-grime color. Although I guess when it's covered in mud, you can't really tell either way

Also if you don't mind my asking, what's a ballpark estimate of the total build cost for all that (not including tires).

Old 01-02-2011, 01:59 AM
BF Guru

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
Your Blazer looks awesome... Are you gonna stick with 33x12.5 when you get new tires? You should paint or bedliner the frame. It would look so much better with a solid black undercarriage compared to the road-grime color. Although I guess when it's covered in mud, you can't really tell either way

Also if you don't mind my asking, what's a ballpark estimate of the total build cost for all that (not including tires).
wow Matt, it's like you were reading my mind when you threw up that post!

the only thing i can add to that is.................glad to NOT see a BL on your rig!

Old 01-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Blaaazer is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the kind words guys! That is a good idea though, would bed liner be the best way to paint my nasty frame? I ended up going with Eldorado MTZ Sports again but in a 33/12.50/15. I wanted to go to 35s but I don't want to risk breaking an axle when I wheel it hard like I plan on doing.

My total investment is pretty close to a 6 inch IFS lift actually. I like to think that I'm below $2000 for everything so far but I still have to get a driveshaft made and regear my rear end to 4.10s to match the front. But I did a lot of stuff for free and got some free stuff like: reran the stock brake lines to make them long enough, reused rear shocks, free pitman arm off a cherokee, free 2 inch lift blocks, got the wheels for my birthday, and stuff like that but all in all I think it is totally worth it.

Quick Reply: Calling All Lifted Trucks!