Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Enjoy my first and LAST stuck in a rut... never again!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Starting Member
shotnva777 is on a distinguished road
Angry Enjoy my first and LAST stuck in a rut... never again!

I got stuck the other day for the first time ever since owning the truck, now the alignment is off like hell and my steering wheel is turned right while driving straight AND pulling left ridiculously hard! (Guess from getting YANKED out by my cousin) This is why I don't mud threw ruts n sh*t! I do sand, trails (w/o mud) and flex on things... lol. This is my daily so, you won't see this again... enjoy! And any tips or thoughts on the problems I mentioned....? I REALLY need to replace my control arm bushings, they're literally almost all the way GONE! Can't even get an alignment till I do it, I'm just afraid I wont be able to get em out or back in.... again, enjoy my misery! Atleast it LOOKS cool!

OH AND THEN THIS HAPPENS WHEN I RUN IT THROUGH THE CARWASH IMMEDIATELY AFTERWARDS, IF NOT ONE THING THEN ANOTHER!!!! (I was going to make them pay for it, but guess what.... there's a HUGE sign outfront before you go in that says "FOLD IN SIDE MIRRORS & LOWER ANTENNA"). I'm going to go find one that doesn't have that sign and go threw it, let it fall off and make them pay for it!!! Gotta win SOMEHOW!

Old 10-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

damn man im sorry that **** sucks so much..im waiting for someone to hit me so i can get money and start my sas but id rather not have a car and rely on rides...but that mud looks like my kinda thing.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:43 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

getting stuck is half the fun. lol for you front end my guess would be one of the upper control arms shifted in or out or its possible that you bent/broke one. I would inspect the upper control arms for any cracks or bend. I know i cracked both of my uppers but that was due to the truck being airborn lol

Old 10-20-2011, 10:46 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

are those rear tires on backwards?

also it does suck wheeling your daily driver. ive always had two trucks. one to beat the heck out of and one to drive. and theres been times the mudder does become the daily driver. my very first time offroading, going into the entrance of the place i broke my transfercase and i said the same thing. i was like forget this crap... next time out i just kinda putted around then after that i didnt care anymore and just drove into eveyrthing

Last edited by abig84; 10-20-2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:56 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

his rear tires are different than his from. I think they are nittos.

Old 10-21-2011, 06:15 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

I'm betting from looking at those pics that you bent a tie rod end......But that's just from what i can see. I could be totally wrong.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:39 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Ouch that sucks

Old 10-22-2011, 11:21 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Carrico4
his rear tires are different than his from. I think they are nittos.
My back tires are Mickey Thompson Baja's and the fronts are BF's, equal sizes but they look like different sizes - thats for sure. The front's look skinny and taller, while the back looks more low profile and wide! (not to mention the fact that the BF's have white wall writing on the outside (been meaning to "flip" them) and the Mickey's have no white writing... stupid! And yes, all of my tires are on correctly to answer the other dudes' question!

Originally Posted by Mike98Blazer
I'm betting from looking at those pics that you bent a tie rod end......But that's just from what i can see. I could be totally wrong.
Yup, after a thorough under body/body cleaning and further inspection of the entire IFS (both sides) it seems as if you are correct in your assumption.... I beleive the front left got bent, because it turns until it rubs the FRAME to the left - but stayed the same as always on the oppisite side while turned to the right. Before, I used to have almost 2" of clearance on both sides from the frame, while at a full turn. Not anymore dudes and dudettes, and it also pulls very hard to the left and the steering wheel is pointed to the right, almost a 90 degree turn! We'll get her back right though, outer tie rods are "notta, no nothing!" - Eminem

Old 10-24-2011, 07:26 AM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

what i meant by backwards is the rear tires are directional tires. they perform better when facing the right way instead of backwards. kinda like tractor tires, the v is supposed to be pointing forward instead of towards the rear of the vehicle. so instead of channeling mud away your pulling it into the center of the tire.

ive seen people do this when they have directionals all the way around but not with just a single pair in the back. so switch your rear right and your rear left with each other and youll be all good. if you look at the side of the tire it should say "rotation" with a big arrow showing which way the tire is supposed to spin

Old 10-24-2011, 08:57 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by abig84
what i meant by backwards is the rear tires are directional tires. they perform better when facing the right way instead of backwards. kinda like tractor tires, the v is supposed to be pointing forward instead of towards the rear of the vehicle. so instead of channeling mud away your pulling it into the center of the tire.

ive seen people do this when they have directionals all the way around but not with just a single pair in the back. so switch your rear right and your rear left with each other and youll be all good. if you look at the side of the tire it should say "rotation" with a big arrow showing which way the tire is supposed to spin
Ok....... I get what your saying about the tires spinning the right way...,. But what does this pertain to?

Quick Reply: Enjoy my first and LAST stuck in a rut... never again!