Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 06:46 AM
Beginning Member
mmench is an unknown quantity at this point
Default exhaust

ok well i am finally getting around to my blazer after thousands of dollars spent on a turbo project car. well i just want to know what you guys think of running the exhaust through a 40 series flowmaster then having it com out just before the back tire with 2 tips pointing back at like 45 degrees. i have seen it on some cars and a few trucks like lightnings but never on a blazer... i was gona go duals out the back but why? to many people run em out back.well anyways lemme know what ya think and any suggestions are cool too

Old 02-28-2008, 08:27 AM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: exhaust

As far as looks go, on your 2dr I think it would be fine. Exiting in front of the wheel with a FM 40 series I would be concerned about the interior noise level, but mainly I would worry about exhaust incursion into the passenger cabin.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Beginning Member
mmench is an unknown quantity at this point

well interior noise wont bother me much... been in race cars all my life. now my girl friend prolly wont like it to much though, but thats wat her car is for lol. and since i hardly ever have passengers because its always full of car parts or tools. TY for input.. and body got any suggestions on a se of headers?

Old 03-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

Im running mine out the side of the truck, i dont get any exhaust in the cab, but i also dont drive that far at any given time. i dont have any fancy tip, so as for looks i dont really care, i just didnt want to buy anymore exhaust pipe.

Old 03-01-2008, 03:49 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point

when i was in auto school back in 86 the teacher explained tire dry rotting to us on vehicles with the exhaust at the rear tire,,, The hydrocarbons from the exhaust rots the tires also from too much heat at the tire... bring them out dual behind the tires..with sum kool chrome tips..

Old 03-01-2008, 03:59 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I would have the exhaust dump out right behind the rear tires, that would look good and not look like everyone else!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Tippman7641 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, this is not me saying this, flow master and magna flow exhaust is not desigend for a v6 they are desiged by a v8, lou (from lou's custom exhasut) has told me to many people think that they can put it on a v-6 and make it sound the same, just wanted to trhow that out there before you went and spent alot of money

Old 03-01-2008, 05:14 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

[sm=bs.gif]. Tell Lou to talk with Joe at Big Giant Exhaust. Seriously, the exhausts themselves are not designed for either V6 or V8, it's the application that matters. Such as dual exhaust from the engine opposed to single line from the engine, etc.

Old 03-01-2008, 05:17 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

ORIGINAL: rriddle3

[sm=bs.gif]. Tell Lou to talk with Joe at Big Giant Exhaust. Seriously, the exhausts themselves are not designed for either V6 or V8, it's the application that matters. Such as dual exhaust from the engine opposed to single line from the engine, etc.
I agree tell lou he is full of it!! Rcars2 has a flowmaster 40 series on his and it sounds deep and throaty and he said it is a great exhaust!!!

Old 03-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Exhaust isn't designed with a particular engine in mind. That would just be silly... LOL

Every engine sounds different. Inherently, you cannot make a v6 sound like a v8. There will always be a difference. Can you make a v6 sound deep and throaty, yes. But make it sound like a v8 without the extra 2 cylinders... Might get close, but not close enough IMO.

Quick Reply: exhaust