Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Exhaust parts

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 09:16 PM
Starting Member
Private_Ops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Exhaust parts

I asked in general chat and was told I was better off asking here, instead of retyping I'm copying from the old post:

-------------------------------

Lately I've been looking around at CAIs' and exhaust tips and have decided for now I'd rather have an exhaust tip but, looking underneath the pipe comes up over the rear axle and... well... I find it odd. The main reason I've settled on looking mainly at exhaust tips is because at 17 and no job (yet) money doesn't grow on trees and CAIs' tend to be expensive and exhaust tips... not so much.

I'm not exactly sure what to get... I like a deep sound but not to deep and I hate the ricer sound . I understand I'd more than likely need some pipe modification but, I have my dad to help me and I'm willing to learn (even though my main interest is computers ).

-------------------------------

Old 01-23-2008, 09:57 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Exhaust tip

Well an exhaust tip will not change the sound. Putting a different muffler however will. Now I have a Magna Flow, and others have Flow-master. It really is all a personal preference, but they both sound good to me, and I just happen to use Magna Flow because the $150.00 stainless steel muffler was FREE to me!! Otherwise I would have used Flow-master. HTH

Old 01-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Starting Member

hmm, so I've got my terminology wrong.. oh well.

Anyway, got any links? I wouldn't mind priceing details.

----------------------------------------------

EDIT: Found linky

What would be the best series for my particular model (01 Blazer 2D (non-ZR2))? and what else would I need if I got one?

----------------------------------------------

... What exactly would a tip do anyway?

Old 01-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Kordog is an unknown quantity at this point

An exhaust tip is used to make the appearance look better. It goes onto the tailpipe where the exhaust exits the vehicle.

Old 01-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Starting Member

ORIGINAL: Kordog

An exhaust tip is used to make the appearance look better. It goes onto the tailpipe where the exhaust exits the vehicle.
They don't change the sound much at all? Hmm, I thought they did.

Anyway...

Old 01-23-2008, 11:40 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

You can get resonated tips which are sort of a combination muffler/tip and they start usually around $40 and go up from there. I would look at summitracing.com or 4wheelparts.com Otherwise your local autozone/advance autoparts should have a small assortment of resonated tips. Personally I would go with a muffler such as the Flowmaster 40 series or the 18" Magnaflow muffler. Both sound good and you can hear them by searching on youtube for blazer flowmaster exhaust, or whatever. I think the mufflers tend to start at $75 and go up to $150 for the blazer. Hope this helps out.

Old 01-24-2008, 09:39 AM
Starting Member

So any suggestions. Being new to this kind of stuff I'm not sure which series I'd be better off with.

I like the sound if this guys:

https://blazerforum.com/m_103937/tm.htm

But, reading through the comments he's not using a muffler. What series would make it sound close to that?

Old 01-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

i've got a resonated tip, it dosnt change the sound by much, but it looks good

Old 01-24-2008, 09:15 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

that is correct, i am not using a muffler. I put a dual chamber resonator in it's place.

Old 01-24-2008, 11:07 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

if u want a general idea of the sound of flowmasters different series check out their site www.flowmastermufflers.com they have sound clips on there

i just ordered a flowmaster super 44 series for my blazer should be here by the 30th of this month i cant wait to get it on! the super 44 has a deep aggressive tone kinda like cliro's but diff

Quick Reply: Exhaust parts