Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

G80 carnage...

Old 02-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Starting Member
DaveC is on a distinguished road
Default G80 carnage...

Driving straight on a flat paved road at about 50km/h and BANG!! rear wheels locked up for a sec and another bang and I rolled to a stop leaving a slick of hear oil 100 feet long... looked at the dif and this is what i saw

pretty nice eh?

Old 02-22-2011, 01:32 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

No warning signs? When was it last serviced?

Old 02-22-2011, 02:09 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Guessing you wheel... G80's don't like abuse, they're not actually designed for it lmao. Since it made the decision easy for you I'd say get a proper locker.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:17 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer View Post
No warning signs? When was it last serviced?
I don't think it had been serviced I bought the truck a year ago November and all the bolts on the diff cover were seized and the cover was rotten and dripped quite a bit so I kinda knew this would happen eventually. In the year I owned it I filled it twice each time I put a whole litre in. The locking mechanism never worked since day one tho so I think its been a ticking time bomb since I bought it and I've done a lot of wheeling with it

Replaced the axle with another g80 this one works most of the time. Got the axle and brand new brakes for $100 so I can't go wrong really.

Old 02-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Ryanmatt135 is an unknown quantity at this point

can you say epic fail! lol

Old 02-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Starting Member
97CountryJukeboxLt is on a distinguished road

Rofl, i hate to say it but that hole is a beauty, reminds me of our old custom Cut piece of gutter we made into a rocket launcher for new years back in the day when a bottle rocket came off the stick and blew it wide open at the bottom lol.

We've had that close to happening in my dads C1500, the rear end was original and it was estimated close to about 100 miles from self detination. We did a complete rear end swap in the driveway from a '98 extended cab lol

Old 02-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Beginning Member
rbrace is on a distinguished road

Looks like a bomb went off in the rear end

Old 02-23-2011, 10:02 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

makes me want to throw away the g80 I have sitting in my garage waiting to be put in...

Old 02-23-2011, 10:29 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Benedict1337 View Post
makes me want to throw away the g80 I have sitting in my garage waiting to be put in...
Well i put another g80 in and it locks right up... most of the time, the odd time it just refuses to work but what a difference when it does. Im just keeping my fingers crossed hopefully this one lasts me

Old 02-27-2011, 06:34 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Take it easy on it.

The G80 won't lock over 40mph IIRC, even if your wheel spin is that high. And if the speed difference between the 2 wheels is too great it just won't lock because it'll end up looking like your last one did. So if you start doing the one wheelie peelie let off the go pedal a little bit until you feel the truck grip and then go.

For the same reasons I just mentioned they're not that great for mudding

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: G80 carnage...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.