Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

I think I'm stuck

  #1  
Old 07-04-2012, 08:28 PM
atvwarrior's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Newark Valley NY
Posts: 904
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Default I think I'm stuck

Heres a few pictures of the mud hole we came across last night when driving through the pasture / swamp .
Name:  stuckintheswamp009.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  132.3 KB
Name:  stuckintheswamp008.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  140.1 KB
Name:  stuckintheswamp006.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  119.1 KB
Then we made this
Name:  muddinginthenewfoundmudhole001.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  94.2 KB
Name:  muddinginthenewfoundmudhole002.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  104.3 KB
Name:  muddinginthenewfoundmudhole003.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  110.4 KB
Name:  muddinginthenewfoundmudhole005.jpg
Views: 22
Size:  91.4 KB
And this is the truck we were playing with
Name:  muddinginthenewfoundmudhole006.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  82.8 KB
Name:  muddinginthenewfoundmudhole007.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  66.9 KB
Name:  muddinginthenewfoundmudhole008.jpg
Views: 25
Size:  88.7 KB
 
  #2  
Old 07-04-2012, 08:59 PM
Rottidog's Avatar
BF Veteran
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Posts: 2,523
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about
Default

OMFG!!! It's amazing that the mud filled back in between the tires with all the grass etc. So much for "self cleaning lugs lol.
I've seen an Excursion lifted not quite as high here & a friend at work has a 2000 with the V10. Absolute BEAST of an SUV at 7000+lbs. I had it for a few days & shoulder checking for traffic was akin to looking out office windows.
The mud on your Jimmy reminds me of Arnold in Predator when he covered himself in mud against the mud wall/cliff as camo lol.

Very freaking nice pics & I bet a whole hell of a lot of fun!
Vids would be great!

Just noticed it - WTF is that rectangular frame on the rear hitch all about? A step to get into the back of the Ford?

Smart off roaders you are & didn't use the wipers to clear the windshields. You wiped with a rag instead it looks like.
 

Last edited by Rottidog; 07-04-2012 at 09:03 PM.
  #3  
Old 07-05-2012, 07:49 AM
rexmburns's Avatar
Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 4,379
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about
Default

Damn that looks like a hell of a lot of fun!! Reminds me of my high school days on the farm in WI.
 
  #4  
Old 07-05-2012, 08:40 AM
50percentgenius's Avatar
Starting Member
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bartlesville, OK
Posts: 157
50percentgenius is on a distinguished road
Default

+1 on videos. And I'm really curious about that box on the back of the Excursion. Also, do you know by chance the tire size on it?
 
  #5  
Old 07-05-2012, 08:58 AM
tibby's Avatar
Super Member
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Char-town, NC
Posts: 1,595
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

That Excursion looks pretty familiar! There is a sexy small chick here (mid-20s I assume) that drives an Excursion lifted just as much as this one. She has the turbo diesel (not sure if 6.0 or 7.3 Stroke) in hers. It is funny whenever I see the thing because she is soooo small compared to that massive vehicle. But I'm not gonna lie, I look at the Excursion as much as her when she drives by.
 
  #6  
Old 07-05-2012, 09:43 AM
atvwarrior's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Newark Valley NY
Posts: 904
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Default

Originally Posted by Rottidog View Post
OMFG!!! It's amazing that the mud filled back in between the tires with all the grass etc. So much for "self cleaning lugs lol.
I've seen an Excursion lifted not quite as high here & a friend at work has a 2000 with the V10. Absolute BEAST of an SUV at 7000+lbs. I had it for a few days & shoulder checking for traffic was akin to looking out office windows.
The mud on your Jimmy reminds me of Arnold in Predator when he covered himself in mud against the mud wall/cliff as camo lol.

Very freaking nice pics & I bet a whole hell of a lot of fun!
Vids would be great!

Just noticed it - WTF is that rectangular frame on the rear hitch all about? A step to get into the back of the Ford?

Smart off roaders you are & didn't use the wipers to clear the windshields. You wiped with a rag instead it looks like.
The most amazing thing about it is that its so dry around here that (Mr Mud pit) our mud hole , is dry and looks like a desert . We stumbled into this hole just trying to find something to play in , and we found it at 12 in the morning . And the excursion is a beast but its going to be getting a major face lift , its getting bagged , air ride . It also has a v10 nitrous injected , and hes not afraid to run it , I'll get a picture of the interior , it has the sickest stereo system ever it looks like something pimp my ride would build . The box thing on the back is a bumper extension and its detachable , he has to have that when driving on the road . And its a 2000 also . And no we don't use our wipers in mud , we carry a scweegy and a bucket of water , it would have made a mess using the wipers plus its a good way to strip your wiper motor transmission gears . I tried everything to get a video but my camera would not do it for some reason , my brothern law does have some video on his phone I'll see if I can get it on here for you .
 
  #7  
Old 07-05-2012, 09:53 AM
atvwarrior's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Newark Valley NY
Posts: 904
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Default

Originally Posted by 50percentgenius View Post
+1 on videos. And I'm really curious about that box on the back of the Excursion. Also, do you know by chance the tire size on it?
The box is a bumper extentsion to make it legal for the road and it comes off when mudding . . And the tires are 49s , but after it gets bagged its going to have the 54s . I have pictures of the tires that will be going on in my build thread some where , there sitting beside my blazer .
 
  #8  
Old 07-05-2012, 10:01 AM
atvwarrior's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Newark Valley NY
Posts: 904
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Default

Originally Posted by tibby View Post
That Excursion looks pretty familiar! There is a sexy small chick here (mid-20s I assume) that drives an Excursion lifted just as much as this one. She has the turbo diesel (not sure if 6.0 or 7.3 Stroke) in hers. It is funny whenever I see the thing because she is soooo small compared to that massive vehicle. But I'm not gonna lie, I look at the Excursion as much as her when she drives by.
Next time you see her you should get a picture of her , oops I mean her truck . And her to if you want LOL .
 
  #9  
Old 07-05-2012, 04:15 PM
atvwarrior's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Newark Valley NY
Posts: 904
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Default

I'll have video of my truck going through it tonight , we are going up at 6:30 to see how my truck will do now that its running right again. One of three thing is going to happen
1 I make it all the way through
2 I get burried and really really muddy because I'm going to stand on it .
3 I stand on it like stated above and break sh!it apart
But either way the video should be sick .
 
  #10  
Old 07-05-2012, 08:22 PM
atvwarrior's Avatar
Senior Member
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Newark Valley NY
Posts: 904
atvwarrior will become famous soon enough
Default

Number 3 it is blew the spider gears apart .
blazer trying out the new mud pit - YouTube
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I think I'm stuck


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.