Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

K&N

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Shotgunn99 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
Nice, I'm looking at ways to feed cold air to the filter right now because I personally don't think it's getting that much as it sits, I've got a good heat shield and I just need to seal off the bottom to keep the hot air from the engine out. Got a K&N filter coming in.

Nice, thats probably what I would do as well. Maybe somehow making a vent with piping for direct flow of cold air to the filter?

Old 08-07-2009, 11:55 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I"m thinking of either scooping air from behind the grille or behind the driver side tow hook... problem with the grille is I don't know how much room I have between the core support and the headlight, there may not be enough room.
The problem with going behind the towhook is I'd be running the pipe up between the rad and the block, so I may just be heating up the air coming through.

I'll figure it out... when I go to put the CAI back in i'll yank the grille off and see what kind of room I have. I'm probably going to make a build thread after all's said and done.

*edit* another thing... lol

Old 08-07-2009, 04:15 PM

I wouldnt go as low as the tow hook because if you hit a puddle or something, its going to get sucked right into the intake.... thats the only thing that has me worried

Old 08-08-2009, 03:51 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I think I've figured out what I'm going to do, I've got an old thread about the stuff I've been doing that I'm about to revive... I'll post up the work if I get it done... if not the truck runs better with the CAI as it is so I'm not too worried.

Old 08-08-2009, 10:10 PM

awesome, let me know when you post it

Old 08-09-2009, 12:57 AM
BF Veteran

https://blazerforum.com/forum/general-chat-34/parts-rolling-31812/

This is that thread lol... if it's not raining tomorrow I'll crawl under my truck and see if I can get some piping into the space I found... I'd be getting air from behind the grille most likely, next to the signal light to leave room for my off-road lights I want to mount behind the grille next summer.

Old 08-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

so heres my thoughts...

It may look like garbage but im going to put leuvers on my hood. two centered over the engine, and one facing forward right ontop of the intake. i have decided there is no REAL good way to get COLD air from any were under or infront of the filter! just my thoughts!

if you do the piping then just put a bend in it so water cant just shoot through it and put a screen over both ends, that will prevent most water from getting through.

Old 08-10-2009, 07:53 PM
BF Veteran

I`ve decided against the scoop, after driving for a couple of days I really see no need for it and it`s alot of work for a tiny gain.

I`m curious to see those louvers. As long as you make something symmetrical I think it`d look decent.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:16 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by oktain
I`m curious to see those louvers. As long as you make something symmetrical I think it`d look decent.
It does look decent. Look at the navy blue ZR2 in the picture below. Also the ZR2 S10 second from the left (not quite as good as the Blazer though)
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7654/blazerparty.jpg

Old 08-11-2009, 01:26 AM
Ugly_Monkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mdehoogh
It does look decent. Look at the navy blue ZR2 in the picture below. Also the ZR2 S10 second from the left (not quite as good as the Blazer though)
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/7654/blazerparty.jpg
looks sick! that is an awsome pic! the ones i been lookin at are a bit skinnier, id put two like that then one right over where the airbox would be but facing forward.

Quick Reply: K&N