Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

look what i scored first gen clear tails

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 05:30 AM
Starting Member
Drifter666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default look what i scored first gen clear tails

so i was just messin around on ebay lastnight and i found these for $26.00 and they cost $25.00 to ship so i got them for $51

http://www.hdcautosports.com/hdcauto...TL-CS1082C.jpg

heres some more auctions for the same thing for all that are interested

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1982-...d=280390787433

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1986-...d=300342858974

thoughs were all i could find tho, good luck

Old 10-26-2009, 06:14 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Don't really like those...but to each his own. FYI - They look fully clear. You will probably have to replace the stock bulbs in your tail lights with red ones...

Old 10-26-2009, 10:50 AM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

Hope you good buddies with the cops. If not you are about to be

Old 11-10-2009, 10:24 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Sisk is right, and so is neo.

if there isn't any red refector in the housing, they're not street legal. funny though, when i was looking @ the auction, the pic looked like it was a B & W pic.

my brother has the same tails in his '83, but his have the red reflector and inner lens (for the signal/brake). looks pretty good on his shiney black Dime.

Old 11-10-2009, 11:23 PM
packofqtips is an unknown quantity at this point

i never get hassled for mine new cars now come with all clear lights so they dont bother you as much as they use to

they are still illegal unless you add a red reflector somewhere on the back

Old 11-11-2009, 07:08 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Those are NICE lights!! =D

Old 11-11-2009, 09:16 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by packofqtips
i never get hassled for mine new cars now come with all clear lights so they dont bother you as much as they use to

they are still illegal unless you add a red reflector somewhere on the back
I think that's the problem we were bringing up though...they look fully clear with no reflectors or anything of color on them. You'd need to have red bulbs and a red reflector in there somewhere...

Old 11-11-2009, 10:20 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

It's like the clear corners I installed, so I wouldn't get hassled, I bought a set with an orange reflector on the side.

Old 11-12-2009, 03:17 AM
Beginning Member
loomdog32 is on a distinguished road

I like the look of the clear lights.. There are too many legal reasons not to tho..

Most of not all states (im assuming your in the USA), require rear stop lights to have reflective red lens (to allow the vehicle to be seen at night from a distance with the lights off).. This is also the same argument with tinting tails

Below is examples of CA and TX laws

CA Vehicle Code - Division 12, Chapter 2, Article 3 » Section 24600
(e) Taillamps shall be red in color and shall be plainly visible from all distances within 500 feet to the rear except that taillamps on vehicles manufactured after January 1, 1969, shall be plainly visible from all distances within 1,000 feet to the rear.
Texas Code 547:
Sec. 547.302. DUTY TO DISPLAY LIGHTS. (a) A vehicle shall display each lighted lamp and illuminating device required by this chapter to be on the vehicle:

(1) at nighttime; and

(2) when light is insufficient or atmospheric conditions are unfavorable so that a person or vehicle on the highway is not clearly discernible at a distance of 1,000 feet ahead.

(b) A signaling device, including a stoplamp or a turn signal lamp, shall be lighted as prescribed by this chapter.

(c) At least one lighted lamp shall be displayed on each side of the front of a motor vehicle.

(d) Not more than four of the following may be lighted at one time on the front of a motor vehicle:

(1) a headlamp required by this chapter; or

(2) a lamp, including an auxiliary lamp or spotlamp, that projects a beam with an intensity brighter than 300 candlepower.

Sec. 547.3215. USE OF FEDERAL STANDARD. Unless specifically prohibited by this chapter, lighting, reflective devices, and associated equipment on a vehicle or motor vehicle must comply with:

(1) the current federal standards in 49 C.F.R. Section 571.108; or

(2) the federal standards in that section in effect, if any, at the time the vehicle or motor vehicle was manufactured.

Sec. 547.322. TAILLAMPS REQUIRED. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, pole trailer, or vehicle that is towed at the end of a combination of vehicles shall be equipped with at least two taillamps.

(b) A passenger car or truck that was manufactured or assembled before the model year 1960 shall be equipped with at least one taillamp.

(c) Taillamps shall be mounted on the rear of the vehicle:

(1) at a height from 15 to 72 inches; and

(2) at the same level and spaced as widely apart as practicable if a vehicle is equipped with more than one lamp.

(d) A taillamp shall emit a red light plainly visible at a distance of 1,000 feet from the rear of the vehicle.

(e) If vehicles are traveling in combination, only the taillamps on the rearmost vehicle are required to emit a light for the distance specified in Subsection (d).

(f) A taillamp or a separate lamp shall be constructed and mounted to emit a white light that:

(1) illuminates the rear license plate; and

(2) makes the plate clearly legible at a distance of 50 feet from the rear.

(g) A taillamp, including a separate lamp used to illuminate a rear license plate, must emit a light when a headlamp or auxiliary driving lamp is lighted.

Sec. 547.323. STOPLAMPS REQUIRED. (a) Except as provided by Subsection (b), a motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, or pole trailer shall be equipped with at least two stoplamps.

(b) A passenger car manufactured or assembled before the model year 1960 shall be equipped with at least one stoplamp.

(c) A stoplamp shall be mounted on the rear of the vehicle.

(d) A stoplamp shall emit a red or amber light, or a color between red and amber, that is:

(1) visible in normal sunlight at a distance of at least 300 feet from the rear of the vehicle; and

(2) displayed when the vehicle service brake is applied.

(e) If vehicles are traveling in combination, only the stoplamps on the rearmost vehicle are required to emit a light for the distance specified in Subsection (d).

(f) A stoplamp may be included as a part of another rear lamp.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:34 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough

If you also dig in the front requires amber reflectors. Most of the time you can get by with clears on the front but on the rear they will nail you.

Quick Reply: look what i scored first gen clear tails