Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

LOTS of new stuff since I was last on here

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 08:56 AM
Starting Member
xJakeLIKEShisBLAZERx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default LOTS of new stuff since I was last on here

So, it's been close to I dunno 6-7 months since I last posted my progress on here...I'll make the list and then I've got a few pictures.
got rid of the lame walmart aux lights on the brush guard.
got the super white 540piaa lamps for 40 bucks unopened WOW the light is bright.
put on the light guards for the brush guard.
Picked up a set of 30-9.5-15 wranglers for 140 with about 85% tread..practically stole them
sanded/primed/painted 3rd gen z28 Camaro rims with my own spin
all interior lights are now leds from zleds (WOW what a difference)

all new sound system

Jensen power 760 amp(don't give me crap cause the thing is a beast and it has absolutely no problems)

Infinity kappa 6.5 door speakers

sealed box 10" Rockford fosgate sub

Amp is rated 300max rms. 4 channel. first two channels are pushin 75watts to each door speaker which is exactly what theyre rated for and the bridged 3rd & 4th channels are pushing 150 to the sub which is what it's rated for.
took on this project for 3 nights all by myself and it works like a dream soooo hats off to me. (sorry its a moment of pride for me)

picked up an almost entirely complete FIPK k&N and the pieces I needed K&N shipped to me for free as well as a good guy on the s10 forum rhotpursuit

I had countless threads on the crappy performance of my blazer.. sluggish starts, hesitant acceleration and cutting out...Finally...cleaned my MAF...She runs like a freakin champ now. did the big 3 upgrade to 4gauge wiring..stock alternator.

I have sitting in my garage a 2.5in magnaflow turbo muffler 2.5in tailpipe which I wanna dump in front of the rear wheel. replacing 3rd cat with just 2.5inch section..its got 2 other cats anyway

I've got a reverse cut dana 30 sitting in my garage as well..will most likely be the winter project.

so, tell me what ya think...what ya like what ya don't like and suggest what I should do next cause I'm running out of ideas...

kinda wanna get some projectors...and a 35W hid kit...just the 4300k or 5k temp...

I'm not capable of retrofitting anything

so suggestions on that front would be cool

Attached Thumbnails LOTS of new stuff since I was last on here-img_20130813_001947.jpg   LOTS of new stuff since I was last on here-img_20130918_210900_448.jpg   LOTS of new stuff since I was last on here-img_20130925_172006_853.jpg  

Last edited by xJakeLIKEShisBLAZERx; 09-30-2013 at 09:11 AM.
Old 09-30-2013, 09:15 AM
Starting Member

Wouldn't upload to the original post so here it is in a reply

Attached Thumbnails LOTS of new stuff since I was last on here-img_20130823_163653_488.jpg  
Old 09-30-2013, 09:10 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I like the silver lips on the camaro rims. As for the projectors, you can have a company do it for you, but they are psycho expensive.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:48 PM
LeWhite will become famous soon enough

I always thought that a sub needs ten times the power as the fronts. Thats not for hi school bass but a realistic presentation. WHICH kappas? My kappas have about 35 watts ea and one 13 inch JL with 500 watts. I dont play it loud as Im trying to impress ME!

Last edited by LeWhite; 09-30-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Starting Member

I mean naw, my setup is for balance. each speaker in my system is fed its exact max RMS. I have the kappa 6.5" 62.9i's. They're rated for a max of 75watts RMS so they get that much. The Rock fosgate 10" is rated 150RMS so it gets 150. You never want to under power and it doesn't hurt to overpower by a little bit. But seriously for a budget system like mine I COULD NOT BE HAPPIER. the doors can compete and fill out all the ranges so I hear music along with the rumble of the bass. I'm really proud of it and my friends with their Kicker Cvrs and type Rs are kinda jealous because I can hear the music...all they went for was car rattling bass...Mine does that AND it sounds good

Thanks Thogert! and thanks for the reply!
yeah I might just stick with my housings and see if I cant figure out some way of fitting those beam bounce back bulb tips so the HIDs are atleast hitting my reflectors first and not shooting light all over the place.

Last edited by xJakeLIKEShisBLAZERx; 10-02-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-02-2013, 04:37 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Underpowering speakers won't damage anything. If it did, you'd be damaging the drivers every time you turned the volume down.

Old 10-03-2013, 01:24 AM
Starting Member

With respect...maybe it doesn't apply to speakers but underpowering a sub will kill it faster than anything.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:56 PM
BF Veteran

When the sub is being turned down, it sees less power, which is the same as under powering it correct? I don't see any way that can damage a sub. The only way I could see damage occurring would be from using a lower power amp, and trying to push the amp into clipping to achieve the same sound output.

Last edited by Thogert; 10-06-2013 at 11:59 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:20 PM
Starting Member

I'm not sure about that dynamic of the whole sub/amp relationship...I'm sure its pretty complicated like the power is still there when you turn it down...its just like volume

Dunno I just know it works and it sounds great! Hahah

Old 10-07-2013, 07:22 PM
BF Veteran

That is all that really matters anyway.

Quick Reply: LOTS of new stuff since I was last on here