Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Music

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 10:51 AM
thequeen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Music

OK - I am a new owner of a 1997 Chevy Blazer 4 x4 LS and the sound sucks. do anybody have any recommendations on what I can do to improve this problem. Keep in my mind that I have never done anything like this before so please speak in a language that I can understand

Old 05-04-2005, 02:39 AM
FatRyan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Music

you posted in the wrong forum, but its no biggie. lets see, im quite an audiophile, but ill try to put it in basic terms:

Stereo (aka Head unit, Source unit, Deck): Go with Alpine or Pioneer. They are by far the best for non-competition systems.

Speakers: in your case, id just get some Pioneer, Alpine, Infinity, or Kenwood coaxial speakers (coaxial just means the tweeter is mounted in line with the woofer, these are your standard Best Buy Circuit City speakers). There are also Component speakers, which are more for people who live and breathe car audio...me

Amplifiers: unless you do not want to power your speakers from your stereo, or unless you want a subwoofer, you wont need an amplifier. If you do want one, go with JL Audio, Kicker, MB Quart, PPI, Pheonix Gold, Orion (old school orion), um...Rockfors Fosgate, or....Alpine. Those are the best brands...i may have missed a few.

Subwoofers: JL Audio, Kicker, MTX, Alpine, Infinity, Resonant Engineering, Elemental Designs...um, i cant think of anymore now.

GOOD LUCK!

If you have anymore questions, dont hesitate to ask me.