Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

My Daily ride.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2011, 03:49 PM
Beginning Member
v8 jago is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My Daily ride.

Just figured out how to put pics up of my phone to the pc so thought i would post some pics of my blazer. Im doing what i can to it when i can. Ive had it a couple of months now and ive put a new 4wd switch on as mine didnt work and ive put clear indicators on and some blue headlight bulbs in. This last week ive put the BDS ad a leaf on and a set of 4 shocks and the AAL has give me an instant 4 or 5" lift compaired to how it was as the leaf very saggy. Ive also had the windows tinted and looking to get some bigger tyres to suit the lift. Im thinking either 255x70x15 or 255x75x15 depends on how they fit around the front !! Looks like i might have to take the mud flaps of though. Any way im going to try to put some pics on here for you to look at and give me your views.

I want a set of front spots and a Bull bar / Brush guard on the front and some wind deflectors for the windows and a throaty exhaust. I wont be far from happy when its all done !
Thanks for looking

Last edited by v8 jago; 11-13-2011 at 05:07 PM.
Old 11-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Beginning Member

Ive ordered my new tyres BFG at/ko 31x10.5x15 and im hoping they will fit on the front !! The TB is cranked vertually to the max so when i take the mudflaps off im hoping it will give me enough room without having to do a body lift. See what tomorrow brings.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:58 PM
Carrico4 is on a distinguished road

it should give u enough lift for the 31s since the ATs anyways, I know my mud terrains grind/rub, but at full lock and when i hit bumps etc. And a flowmaster 40 series will give a good sound, or just go with the whole exhaust system from flowmaster or dynomax etc. looks nice so far.

Old 11-17-2011, 01:00 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

x2 on the 40 series. you can also put a magnaflow high flow cat on there. keep us posted with up dates!

Old 11-17-2011, 03:57 AM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the reply guys ! I was thinking i wasnt going to get any feedback. How does the TB key work ?? And is it a good idea ? Would it work on mine as if you look at the last few pics thats the TB wound right up so i think its got some sag. Otherwise im thinking i might have to do an 1" body lift on the front of the truck to level it out a little !! Any views or comments welcome. Thanks.

Old 11-18-2011, 07:46 AM
Beginning Member

Well i got my tyres on and had to do a little bit of grinding to the plastic skirt that runs under the bumper and had to cut a corner of the wheel arch at the back of the tyre.
Here is one new with one old. Its a big difference.

The back is 36" to the top of the wheel arch and the front is only 34" to the top, So im going to have to get the front lifted somehow but my torsion bars are fully would up. Think they must be worn from how they look compaired to others thats had a torsion bar tweek.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:51 AM
Beginning Member

Originally Posted by v8 jago
I was thinking i wasnt going to get any feedback. How does the TB key work ?? And is it a good idea ? Would it work on mine as if you look at the last few pics thats the TB wound right up so i think its got some sag. Otherwise im thinking i might have to do an 1" body lift on the front of the truck to level it out a little !! Any views or comments welcome. Thanks.
Anyone willing to give me an answer or help me out here !! All the people on here, i cant belive there isnt a couple out there that can give me a clue !! Re TB keys ! and how i could level it.

Last edited by v8 jago; 11-20-2011 at 08:43 AM.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:50 AM

look up lifting tech under suspension, just do a search under tbar crank or torsion keys/bars, it will come up

Old 11-20-2011, 11:53 AM

heres the link https://blazerforum.com/forum/articl...cussion-27765/

and you have to do a body lift all the way around not just the front

Old 11-20-2011, 04:44 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks for the link. I had read that but wasnt sure on if mine was warn on the TBs or not. Some people seem to get a good lift from doing 2" TB crank wher mine doesnt look as high as others and mine is cranked up to the top. The AAL on the back has lifted it like it is so i need to lift the front 2" higher to get it level. What would my options be to level it out from here ?? I am wanting to do a body lift but im thinking the shocks might not take it as they are only upto a 3" lift.

Quick Reply: My Daily ride.