Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

My First Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2010, 11:57 AM
cyberdog is on a distinguished road
Default My First Blazer

In this thread i will be posting pics of my 1996 Blazer. Atm i havent done so much to it other that lifting it about 2" and put on my summertires ( old winter tires without the studs).

The car was sold in USA 1996 and the owner then moved to sweden 1999 and took the car with him here so its not a European version as i belive some are.

Also added a new stereo ( dvd player ) and a 9" screen.

First a pic with it as it was before the lift. 235/75/15 Tires

Front unchanged

Rear Unchanged

Old shackle waiting to be removed

New shackles and bolts

Shackles in place in the rear but front not lifted yet. Also Summer tires in place. 31x10.5 . The tires are supposed to be 31" but are more like 29.5"

Heres a pic with the shackles and T-bar crank. Really like the height. Feels nicer to drive aswell. Needs to be liftes abit more in the front but will do that later on.

Going to buy me a set om Kumho KL71 31" tires in the summer.

A bad pic of my stereo and 9" Screen.

Thats all for now but will be adding more pics later.

Last edited by cyberdog; 04-17-2010 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 12:14 PM

Heres a few more pics of it.

I have Xenon in the 3 extra lights in the front. Also adding Bi-Xenon to the headlights to the fall. Also going to put 4 lights on the roofrack i am building.

Last edited by cyberdog; 04-17-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 04-17-2010, 02:06 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Looking good and good luck on the build.

Old 04-17-2010, 03:37 PM

Thx. Ordering a 2" BL in a month or so so i get more height. thought about 6" superlift but dont think its legal here in sweden So will be happy for the time beeing with 2" shackle + 31 And then 2" BL in the summer.

Ordering either a E-Locker or a No-SLip in june depending on the amount of money i get back on the taxes.... Wanted a locker in the front aswell but read the fron wont hold up to a locker so might try and find a diff housing from a ZR2 since they are tougher.....

Old 04-19-2010, 06:25 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Looks good

Old 04-19-2010, 07:18 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

x2. Not really a fan of those massive lights on the grille, I think they'd look better on the roof, but that's just me

Old 04-21-2010, 06:12 PM
ComputerNerdBD is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cyberdog
Thx. Ordering a 2" BL in a month or so so i get more height. thought about 6" superlift but dont think its legal here in sweden So will be happy for the time beeing with 2" shackle + 31 And then 2" BL in the summer.

Ordering either a E-Locker or a No-SLip in june depending on the amount of money i get back on the taxes.... Wanted a locker in the front aswell but read the fron wont hold up to a locker so might try and find a diff housing from a ZR2 since they are tougher.....
Lift kit not legal in Sweden? Isn't Sweden where there is alot of snow and offroading? Even more reason to have a lift kit! Good luck on the build, by the way.
Also I am just curious: How common are these trucks in Europe? How do you get parts for your truck? I assume you can't just walk into any auto parts store and ask for a certain part? Do you have to order parts from the US or Canada? That must be a hassle.

Old 04-29-2010, 12:56 PM

Theres no problem getting the parts for this truck in sweden. Many companys sell parts for GM trucks. I order parts from US since its half price compared to sweden. Sure it takes a week or 2 for the parts to arrive but its worth it.

Yeah we got tons of snow here in the winters and its alot of fun

Old 05-18-2010, 02:28 PM

Went offroading with my frien today and luckely he had his phone with him so we 2 short vids of it. Sorry about the bad vidquality but was a old phone. The first one was no problem but the other one was really nervous

Was little more deeper than i thought in the second vid

First

Second

Old 06-24-2010, 04:24 PM

Since the tires i have on that are supposed to be 31" are just 29.2" i ordered new ones that are 30.8". Getting them next week and cant wait to get them Seems not many tires that are sold as 31" are actually 31" ....

Trying to figure out how to remove the plastic under the bumper so i can sway the swaybar there when i disconnect it.

Anyone got any pics or a howto how to remove it ?

Thx..... Pete

Quick Reply: My First Blazer