Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

new flowmaster 40 series muffler

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 01:15 PM
wills-07 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sturg
pretty much make it a tad bit louder. If you really want loud then straight pipe it. just search on youtube there is a ton of vids.
i dont think i can straight pipe and pass an e test here, do you think the high flow cat is a waste of money for what it does

Old 10-04-2010, 01:17 PM
wills-07 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by MTopper
you just made me want to get a thrush muffler for the price and sound which did you get?

oh and nice moccasins
gotta love the mocs, and im pretty sure its thrush welded muffler http://www.thrushexhaust.com/products.html

Old 10-04-2010, 04:10 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

yeah... didn't realize i posted the question on 2 threads... my bad

Old 10-04-2010, 07:22 PM
Sturg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wills-07
i dont think i can straight pipe and pass an e test here, do you think the high flow cat is a waste of money for what it does

eh idk, I personally don't have one so I couldn't really tell ya.

Old 10-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Beginning Member
92s10Blzr is on a distinguished road

what are the advantages sound wise and performance wise do you get, by getting 2.5 or 3in pipe from the front to the back?

Old 10-07-2010, 08:37 PM
tony991 is on a distinguished road

This question is for anyone/everyone that posted a video.. Do you guys have Cats on you trucks? I have a flowmaster(idk which one, came with the truck) and it sounds like a stock exaust. Sounds nothing like your Blazers.. WTH! lolol

Old 10-07-2010, 11:14 PM
Silver00LT is on a distinguished road

Stock cat, etc. Cut out factory muffler installed this one. Cut tip off straight so I could mount that tip on.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:20 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tony991
This question is for anyone/everyone that posted a video.. Do you guys have Cats on you trucks? I have a flowmaster(idk which one, came with the truck) and it sounds like a stock exaust. Sounds nothing like your Blazers.. WTH! lolol
i just have a stock cat on mine. flowmaster makes many different mufflers and not all of them are for sound so it sounds like you just have a standard flowmaster muffler

Old 10-11-2010, 04:32 PM
tony991 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer
i just have a stock cat on mine. flowmaster makes many different mufflers and not all of them are for sound so it sounds like you just have a standard flowmaster muffler
Ya thats prolly it. The kid I bought the truck from said he put the loudest Flowmaster on it. He prolly didnt know what he was talking about. I just don't want that ricer backfire so I'm weary on anything else besides for Flowmaster lol I'll prolly get a 40 series. They sound awesome on those videos.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:09 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

So, why is it most people think the 40 series is the lowest they make? Flowmaster makes a 10 series delta force race muffler... Kinda like what's on mine. Cherry Bomb has pretty much the same design, even looks the same, (except red ). The muffler shop even said it's a more aggressive sound and to make sure I was wanting a exhaust like that. Just something to keep in mind.

The 40 series doesn't sound bad, but just doesn't have the volume I like. Now I have heard a 40 series dumped behind the muffler with a gutted cat that sounded very good. It was on a 94 fullsize with a TBI vortec 4.3L

Quick Reply: new flowmaster 40 series muffler