Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

New Halos

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 01:23 AM
MakaveIi is on a distinguished road
Default New Halos

Just got my Halo projectors in yesterday, put em in today and took a couple pics, thought you guys might wanna see.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:59 AM
DySfUnCtIoNaL is on a distinguished road

Looks good

Old 06-23-2011, 07:47 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Cool! Coming from someone who's not a fan of halos lol.

I don't know why but they make your truck look sad. How's the light output? I know a lot of ebay projectors and halo lights have less light output than the stock headlight housings.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:57 AM
m3ch is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
Cool! Coming from someone who's not a fan of halos lol.

I don't know why but they make your truck look sad. How's the light output? I know a lot of ebay projectors and halo lights have less light output than the stock headlight housings.

i was just thinking that

does the halo go all the way around the inner light?

Old 06-23-2011, 09:18 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Nope.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:30 PM

The light closest to the grille is half a ring, which end at the top of the housing. The other ring is a fill circle. I'll take more pictures later. The halos are brighter than some that I've seen, the projectors are brighter than the stock bulbs, and I think the high beams are the same.

Old 06-23-2011, 12:55 PM
BF Veteran

I wonder if the projectors are actually brighter or if they just seem brighter because of the color of the light... do you have HID's?

Old 06-23-2011, 02:48 PM

No I haven't got them yet, but the projector is actually still the yellowish color, I think it's an H11 bulb inside. I had white silverstars in my headlights before, and the projector lights up more of the road than those, and it produces quite a bit of heat.

Old 06-23-2011, 03:55 PM
BF Veteran

The projector produces quite a bit of heat because the bulb is in a smaller space. I know there's a vent on my projectors to allow some air circulation within the entire headlight housing, but my projectors are also $600 bucks each from the dealer and have a glass lens so the quality is definitely there. When you go with HID's, don't go any higher powered than 35W or you could melt your projector housing, I would be very careful since a lot of aftermarket parts you get off of ebay have less than stellar quality. It's been done, and some are even sold with a statement saying "Not compatible with HID's" for that exact reason. The heat is not a sign of more light being emitted, and the fact the project lens aims the light better than a typical reflector housing is what makes it seem like it's putting more light out... that's because it's directing the light beam giving you more useable light.

Does it have cutoff plates inside the projectors?

Old 06-23-2011, 06:34 PM

It's supposed to be able to be used with HIDs, we'll see when I actually get them. These were much cheaper than $600 so they aren't quite of the quality yours are, but they dont seem too bad. I might end up taking off the lens and replacing the LEDs in the Halos to make them brighter. Thanks for the info. And what do you mean by cutoff plates?

Quick Reply: New Halos