Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

New muffler!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 07:04 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default New muffler!

Got my spiffy new DNA muffler installed...

The 2.5" tail pipe that the muffler guy ordered didn't fit... The one he got was made to go on the outside of the shock, while the stock goes on the inside... and that's the only one they make for my year of truck, in his books...

But still sounds great! A little louder than stock, and has a nice tone to it...

And so we can compare...
Stock muffler

DNA Muffler

[IMG]local://upfiles/5070/736ED1DBE6A446D4B9308EB885CA0A44.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-10-2007, 07:29 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road
Default RE: New muffler!

Sounds good, of course its not quite the V8 growl, but that sounds really nice for a blazer. I have just started noticing on my blazer that the stock exhaust is getting louder and more growling/aggressive sounding, I like it. But of course this means it is starting to wear out and that it needs replacing, so I have a feeling an exhaust will be in my future.

Good clips, I like how on the DNA one you almost knocked over the camera.

-Lenny

Old 07-10-2007, 07:34 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The stock exhaust couldn't even budge the camera, lol

Old 07-10-2007, 09:05 PM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

hey right on doc! now watch ur mpg go to the dumps now that u wanna stomp on it all the time

now get rid of that cat!!!

I'd post some vids with the new digi....but i dont think i could figure out how

Old 07-10-2007, 10:00 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

In the photo you attached, what are the little leopard spots on the muffler...oil spots, grease spots?

Old 07-11-2007, 05:31 AM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: blazinloud

hey right on doc! now watch ur mpg go to the dumps now that u wanna stomp on it all the time

now get rid of that cat!!!

I'd post some vids with the new digi....but i dont think i could figure out how

Actually, the truck seems a little peppier, even with the O2 sensor problems, so it might compensate for the slightly heavier foot, lol.

ORIGINAL: rriddle3

In the photo you attached, what are the little leopard spots on the muffler...oil spots, grease spots?
Those are welds.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:08 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds very nice dude! Where did you get that muffler and how much?

Old 07-11-2007, 09:51 PM
BF Veteran

Order the muffler from Here and was about $140 or so, including shipping... Might be a little more for you, since they're a Canadian place...

The muffler was like $125 or so.

and $80 to install... So all in all, cheaper thana magnaflow or flowmaster for me, lol

Old 07-12-2007, 03:46 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

I looked on the site and found the same muffler you got (I believe) with a 2.5 in 2.5 out for $99 and $20 for shipping. I'll keep it in mind when I get ready to swap out the Borla.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:54 PM
BF Veteran

That's probably the Race muffler you looked at...

I've got the Truck muffler... lol.

If I get my new tip put on before you switch out the exhaust, I'll make sure to post an updated video...

Quick Reply: New muffler!