Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

New pipes from cat back?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Starting Member
Private_Ops is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New pipes from cat back?

Wait, ok.

Changed my question.

Who here has dual pipes from the cat back, what muffler do you have and how much did it run you (cost wise).

Old 02-04-2008, 05:51 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: New pipes from cat back?

hmm, okay.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:20 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

there arent a lot of people with dual outlet. the exhaust shop i had mine (not dual) done at said its very difficult to do on a blazer. another shop i went to quoted me like $800 something. mainly b/c there isnt a real good way to run a pipe down the drivers side. he told me the split would have to be after the muffler but, theres a spare tire there(on 4dr) which makes for more issues.

Old 02-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Starting Member

My spare is on the back (ZR2 style).

So just for ease on price I'd be better off with just the muffler and have the last bit of pipe re-done and have a tip put on it?

Old 02-04-2008, 07:14 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i would call around and ask about different prices for all different options.

depending on the tip, it can get expensive. my corvette style tip cost around $75...

if you click onthe "magnaflow" in my signature, it will takeyou to a youtube vid and you can see and hear what mineis like

Old 02-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Starting Member

Ah, dude, I've seen that before. No idea that was yours. I love the way it sounds.

Can I get some specifics on it?

The dual tips not bad looking but I prefer single most of the time.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:23 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya dude they have a kit i guess for our blazers (at least for the 1st gen ik of) cuz i just did my exhaust from the cat back and i wanted the tail pipe to exit out the back and this guy at a local shop showed me he could order just the right pipe (cuz i didnt want duals) and use that to exit the rear instead of a custom bent pipe. i bought the pipe for $40 compared to $80 to have them bend it. the kit uses a dual outlet muffler and fits good. i tried lookin stuff up for the kit he showed me but found nothing i could talk to him tho if u wanted some more info

Old 02-05-2008, 01:18 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

I would just run single all the way through and then out the back!!

Old 02-05-2008, 07:00 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

I 2nd that

blazers do not deserve duals in any way.....

Old 02-05-2008, 11:29 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

ya blazers r too small for duals i think thats y i went w/ a single out the back. should be finishin up tonight w/ it so i'll try and post some pix and vids

Quick Reply: New pipes from cat back?