Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

New window tint.

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 07:33 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New window tint.

Got the blazers windows tinted this saturday. I had to do 40% on the front two glasses becuase of tint laws. They said they would do darker but it wouldnt pass inspection. And since I'm having a hard time getting it inspected now, I went the safe route. The rest of the glass I went with 15% and it looks pretty good. It's dark on the outside and very reflective yet easy to see out of. It has a layer of metal in it so it shouldnt fade in color and has a lifetime warrenty.

The only two things I'm upset about is the windshield strip and the backglass. The backglass is lighter than the back side glass. The side rear glass has the factory privacy glass and they didn't match the back to it. But it's still dark enough on the outside and maybe I won't have to open the backglass to back up like my buddy has to with his tint! . The other thing is the windshield strip looks kinda bad. It looks like they cut the hole around the rear view mirror not very well and tore the tint kinda jagged like they pulled it with thier hands. I'm going to go back tues. or wends. and see if they'll fix it. For $270 I'd hope that they would fix the smallest piece of tint.

But anywho heres some pictures...

Old 04-05-2010, 12:10 AM
ohsofly will become famous soon enoughohsofly will become famous soon enough

Looks nice except that front window you are right. ive been tinting cars for years and wouldnt hand that over to a customer. For the to do it properly they should have cut off the mirror button with a razor blade and light pressure, tinted the glass, cured that area of tint with the heat gun and then glued the button back onto the tint. They could also remove the button and give it to you to glue on yourself in a couple days when the tint is naturally cured. It will stick just as good to the tint as it will to the glass. They could also have glued it on a little lower, or cut the tine higher. But the point is that if you arent happy with that then they should fix it, it will only take a half hour to remove and redo that spot.

Also your back window was clear and the sides have that factory stuff that the tint doesnt really match, it seems that factory glass has a kind of copper tone to it and tint is charcoal, its even worse on fords. Most trucks that come with a tow package have clear back windows. I betcha if you get them to put a layer of that 40 on top of it then it will match the sides which must be really dark by now! I wanted to do mine really dark but my woman drives it too, so I have to wait to darken it once I fix her truck.

I just tinted my blazer except I didnt like the strip on the front for the reason that its not 100% when taking that button off that you wont crack the window cause its laminated glass and you cant heat it up nearly as much.

Window tint it cool, looks good.

Last edited by ohsofly; 04-05-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:20 PM

Yeah I figured they could replace the window strip. Yeah it's dark on the sides, yet you can see out very well. Don't know about at night but will find that out in a couple days. Dropped it off at a repair shop for a few loose ends with the electrical and steering.

But thanks for that reply. It's always nice to hear from someone that knows. I went in on Saturday which is a short day for the tint shop. And they got real busy after I came in. So I think they might have rushed cause the other jobs were small deals, mine was the biggest job. No excuse but I think that's what happened. I'll let y'all know what happens when I take it back.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Starting Member
klote82 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tint does make a huge difference. Im so used to having 5% here in florida..

Old 04-05-2010, 06:45 PM

I hear ya. Plus if I drive a vehicle without tint, my eyes are very sensitive to light and I get migranes from the sun frequently. Tint helps tremendously. And the fact ghat it cooler inside and looks awesome.