Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Nice whips in your area!

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Starting Member
BlazinClinton is on a distinguished road

the new F150 has a Twin Turbo V6 that out tows all of the competitions Standard V8s...

im not a brand oriented kinda guy, ill own anything so long as it does what i tell it to do.

Old 03-06-2011, 12:41 PM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

ohhh, so they were like... hmm, lets put some stuff together and see what we get!

Old 03-06-2011, 12:50 PM
BF Veteran
MTopper will become famous soon enough

the F150 with the ecoboost (Thor) motor?

Old 03-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Starting Member

ya, and its in its first year, but i did get to drive one. it was damn fast and didnt really lag on the power any more than any other automatic.
basically, im initially impressed with it, the interior feels more like a work truck though than luxurious like its competitors. but i think were gonna have to wait and see how the turbo V6 handles abuse in a long term fashion, some work truck owners arent always the most responsible of vehicle owners and dont check/change oil and stuff. i know turbos dont like that kind of thing... that being said, lets see how this plays out.

Old 03-06-2011, 02:08 PM
Starting Member

they say the engine was bench tested in climates ranging from -40 or -50C up to +40 or 50C i forget the actual numbers, but the engine was on a stand the whole time... have you seen it crammed into a Taurus SHO? im wondering how well that pans out on a hot day of abuse...

Old 03-06-2011, 02:49 PM
BF Veteran

the SHO is a sexy car and can take the abuse no problem.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by MTopper
the SHO is a sexy car and can take the abuse no problem.
oh im sorry do you own one?

do you drive the crap out of that v6twin turbo completely encased in body with not much ventilation on a hot day really hard or take it to the track? has anyone who owned theirs put 3 years of 'sporty' driving on one?

lol sorry, im just bored.

fact is we dont know if it can take abuse because it hasnt been around long, the engine tested on a stand doesnt mean anything to me.

put it in a tiny enclosure then insulate the enclosure then put wheels on it, drive the crap out of it and see what breaks.

its a fairly new, unproven engine and lets face it, theres always something to go wrong on a brand new engine, thats why people dont usually buy the first year of a new change that comes out. problems need to be worked out.

and if we've learned anything about SHOs from the past, its that Ford hasnt exactly been the best manufacturer of engines for these cars...

the V8 they built with cams that separate from shafts was a huge let down from the equally powered smaller displacement less pistoned yamaha v6 version (yes i know its a ford block) but still, ford is was always the weakest link in regards to SHOs and they have some making up to do in my eyes after the 3rd gen ones.

im initially impressed by these cars and numbers state it should be good. but im concerned about daily driveability. and my habits of driving faster than i should. and driving hard....
the styling is nice and theyre awesome to drive from point a to point b, but i havent owned one, just driven one for like 10 mins. and the owner was present so i wasnt allowed to give er... he said no.
that and a REAL SHO to me is not an auto.

Old 03-06-2011, 05:52 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Well the Ecoboost F150 did the Baja 1000 nonstop without a hiccup. I'm pretty impressed that Ford has finally been making some good engines.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:25 PM
BF Veteran

Originally Posted by BlazinClinton
oh im sorry do you own one?

do you drive the crap out of that v6twin turbo completely encased in body with not much ventilation on a hot day really hard or take it to the track? has anyone who owned theirs put 3 years of 'sporty' driving on one?

lol sorry, im just bored.

fact is we dont know if it can take abuse because it hasnt been around long, the engine tested on a stand doesnt mean anything to me.

put it in a tiny enclosure then insulate the enclosure then put wheels on it, drive the crap out of it and see what breaks.

its a fairly new, unproven engine and lets face it, theres always something to go wrong on a brand new engine, thats why people dont usually buy the first year of a new change that comes out. problems need to be worked out.

and if we've learned anything about SHOs from the past, its that Ford hasnt exactly been the best manufacturer of engines for these cars...

the V8 they built with cams that separate from shafts was a huge let down from the equally powered smaller displacement less pistoned yamaha v6 version (yes i know its a ford block) but still, ford is was always the weakest link in regards to SHOs and they have some making up to do in my eyes after the 3rd gen ones.

im initially impressed by these cars and numbers state it should be good. but im concerned about daily driveability. and my habits of driving faster than i should. and driving hard....
the styling is nice and theyre awesome to drive from point a to point b, but i havent owned one, just driven one for like 10 mins. and the owner was present so i wasnt allowed to give er... he said no.
that and a REAL SHO to me is not an auto.

all i know is that my neighbor has one and he doesn't have a light foot to say the least. he's had it since it was released to the public. (he owns a dealership in ohio) and tries to set personal records with how fast he can get to work every morning. he let me borrow it one night and it moves very quickly to say the least

Old 03-06-2011, 07:35 PM
Starting Member

oh i know they move, and a drive to work is one thing... i wanna see one make it all day at track day on a +38C day!

Quick Reply: Nice whips in your area!