Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Nice whips in your area!

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 11:40 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jmooney152
didnt the 70's have that louvered stepladder looking marker light on the rear qtr next to the tail light?
No, you are thinking of the Chevelle:

^mine^

The '69 El Camino did have a rectangular marker light on the quarter panel near the tail light housing, but nothing like what the Chevelle had.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:49 AM
Jmooney152 is on a distinguished road

Yeah, Dad had a 70SS when I was a teenager. He totaled it and that motor ended up in my first truck. 1961 GMC 1ton 4WD brush truck from the fire dept at the county auction. ANYWAY lol. Yeah. I thought the design stayed closer to the chevelles, thats why I was looking for those things. Plus the trim and black center on the tailgate was a 69 chevelle thing. So what you said makes sense , with all of those design ques being there from 68-72.

Old 03-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Jmooney152 is on a distinguished road

BTW, sweet looking old Chevelle Swartlkk. You have too many projects man!

Last edited by Jmooney152; 03-23-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:46 AM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Got pics today but Phone died so no upload. Tomorrow for sure. Its a beauty. Not telling what it is tho!

Old 03-24-2011, 10:40 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

looking at that Camino. gorgeous car but, somethings not quite right. pretty sure the back is 68-69. Grille and front bumper look later. Cant quite put my finger on what it is that isnt correct here. still beautiful though.
looks like thats what was throwing me off. The chevelles had those markers, Caminos didnt. Plus the chevy emblem in the tailgate looked like it was 68-69. Didnt realize the rear of the caminos didnt change as much from 69-70 as the chevelles did.
soooo much debate about such an obvious indication to the year..................

like a one-year only front end.

and Pat, those wheels are what bring it to the table, imo.

Old 03-29-2011, 12:54 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Our wholesaler had this at the shop today.

Attached Thumbnails Nice whips in your area!-006.jpg   Nice whips in your area!-004.jpg   Nice whips in your area!-005.jpg  
Old 03-29-2011, 11:41 AM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

i kinda like the challengers, i actually saw a hennesey version of it. not sure what that is, but i guessing like the performance racing version?

Old 03-29-2011, 01:18 PM
zedartwo will become famous soon enough

Supercharged!!!!! To answer your question lol. Don't know the specs but I'm sure google does lol

Old 03-29-2011, 05:48 PM
Starting Member
Murphy Mumgart is on a distinguished road

zedartwo, you said you had a picture to upload. you're keeping us all in suspense

Old 03-29-2011, 05:50 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Hennesey is a company (kind of like Shelby) that specializes in taking factory production cars and squeezing ridiculous power out of them... Check out their site. They have up to 1000hp packages for your C6 vette... Probably costs the same as a new C6 too...

Quick Reply: Nice whips in your area!