Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Night Shots, help me pick

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2009, 12:33 AM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road
Default Night Shots, help me pick

I shot a few pictures tonight after work and can't decide what one to use for my entry in the photo contest this week. I like the first two, but here are the better ones. What do you guys think?
1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

Old 11-21-2009, 01:28 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I am leaning toward the last two. 2nd to last grabs my attention more, but i'm a traditional photo kind of guy and really like the last one hope that helps

Old 11-21-2009, 08:38 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Awesome shots!! I'd go with the first one. It's an amazing shot with great perspective. You might want to play around with the curves in PS though and see if you can get some better lighting/color/contrast out of it.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:47 AM
Starting Member
butters is an unknown quantity at this point

3rd one is my pick some great pics there to.

Old 11-21-2009, 08:49 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Only reason I say #1 is because the shadows ruin the other ones. They hide most of your truck. The first one doesn't show most of the truck, so it works the best IMO.

Old 11-21-2009, 09:40 AM
96chevblazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the first one too!

Old 11-21-2009, 10:36 AM
BF Veteran

I got bored, so I played with the curves and such in that first pic...here's what I came up with (just a few minor tweaks)

Orig:

Edit:

Old 11-21-2009, 12:14 PM
sporty_drew is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys. They are going to be hard to choose from. I'll pry go try to shoot some more tonight. I didn't like the shadows, but liked the wall.

Thanks for the edit Sisk, I still wish the neons would have came out different.

Old 11-21-2009, 01:11 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

try parking another car on the other side of the wall and run fog lights through the holes. will give it a spotty backlit look.... could be cool

Old 11-21-2009, 02:01 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

hmmm... All I can suggest really is using flash to expose for the truck, and the neon's would pop out more... if you're using a DSLR, then you can get a hold of a flash that clips onto the top and use a diffuser which "softens" the light and won't create any glare in the headlights and what not... or at least a lot less glare.

Quick Reply: Night Shots, help me pick