Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Picture Request: 2" Shackle Lift w/ 30" Tires

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 01:36 PM
Starting Member
DSMayo is on a distinguished road
Default Picture Request: 2" Shackle Lift w/ 30" Tires

So Ive looked through the majority of the lift threads and haven't found a picture of a 4 door blazer with a 2" shackle lift sitting on 30" rubber. Is everyone jumping right up to 31" tires after the lift? I'm debating doing a 2" shackle lift but want to see what it looks like with 30" tires. Can somebody help me out? TIA

Old 03-29-2010, 06:07 PM
PaulO2288 is on a distinguished road

Im running the stock 235/75/15 and thats like a 28.9" tires, Im going to end up just running a 30" Tire next. If needed ill crank the tbars a tad and put blocks on but i trimmed my fenders and i plan on doing more to fit the tires anyway. Most people dont

Old 03-29-2010, 09:04 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Take a look at my photo's. I have a 95 2 door with 2" shakels and 30" BFG AT's.If you need some more shots just send me a message and I will get take some more for you.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:07 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

https://blazerforum.com/forum/album....pictureid=4151

not the best pic, but 30 with 2" shackles and torsion at stock, pic of mid progress.

Old 03-29-2010, 09:15 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Sorry I don't have any before pics that are too clear but I will keep looking.

Last edited by DKSDAD; 03-29-2010 at 09:19 PM.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:37 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

if you just want 30 in tires I wouldn't even bother doing the shackle lift you can fit those stock then you won't have to worry about your front end parts wearing out quick from the tbar crank

Old 03-29-2010, 10:29 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah mine has 31s. but i would think 30s wouldnt look toomuch different

Old 03-30-2010, 03:31 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
if you just want 30 in tires I wouldn't even bother doing the shackle lift you can fit those stock then you won't have to worry about your front end parts wearing out quick from the tbar crank

I am already running 30" Duelers and have been tearing up the tires on my fenders for the past 7k miles. I've already cranked the tbars to level out the front but I'm looking for a bit more clearance... I just cant decide if I like the look of 30" tires with a 2" lift.. I really don't want to buy new tires, again haha

Thanks for the responses everyone!

Old 03-30-2010, 09:07 PM
leeclark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DSMayo
I am already running 30" Duelers and have been tearing up the tires on my fenders for the past 7k miles. I've already cranked the tbars to level out the front but I'm looking for a bit more clearance... I just cant decide if I like the look of 30" tires with a 2" lift.. I really don't want to buy new tires, again haha

Thanks for the responses everyone!
are you running stock rims or aftermarket rims? i have 31x10.50s on mine with just the shackle lift and t-bar crank, mine juts barely hits. i had to trim inner fender wells, but just barely touches the rear of the fender. only does it when i'm turning and the hitting a bump. my rims have 4" offset which makes the wheels stick out 1" past the fender, tends to make rubbing worse sticking out.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by leeclark
are you running stock rims or aftermarket rims? i have 31x10.50s on mine with just the shackle lift and t-bar crank, mine juts barely hits. i had to trim inner fender wells, but just barely touches the rear of the fender. only does it when i'm turning and the hitting a bump. my rims have 4" offset which makes the wheels stick out 1" past the fender, tends to make rubbing worse sticking out.

I have some discontinued Weld Racing wheels so I haven't been able to find any information on the backspacing.. I have already taken a hammer to the rear side of the fender where I was rubbing the most

This picture shows just how much the fronts stick out compared to the rear wheels

Quick Reply: Picture Request: 2" Shackle Lift w/ 30" Tires