Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Pictures of CB Radio Installs/Mounts in 2nd Gens

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 07:49 PM
Starting Member
HostileJava is on a distinguished road
Default Pictures of CB Radio Installs/Mounts in 2nd Gens

I was given a smaller CB Radio, Mic, and Magnetic Antenna which i temporarily have wired up to the cigarette lighter and laying in the console "pocket". I think I'm probably going to get a different antenna and mount however I am trying to figure out the best way to mount the radio and I haven't had much luck searching for install pics and I'd love to see what some of you have done. The radio didn't come with a bracket so I'm going to have to fab something up my self.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Beginning Member
Flipside is on a distinguished road

I just got a Uniden from my pops and I planned to run it under the dash in the middle, that way I could easily hide the wires.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:49 PM
smaiwald is on a distinguished road

Mine is an Uniden Pro520XL with a Wilson Lil Wil antenna mounted on the roof. I removed the ashtray and cigarette lighter and attached the radio to the metal above where the ashtray was. I used the hot wire from the cigarette lighter and grounded it to one of the bolts on the E-brake bracket.

Attached Thumbnails Pictures of CB Radio Installs/Mounts in 2nd Gens-th_dscn5368.jpg  
Old 08-28-2013, 09:05 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

best way I was told to do it was ground it to the seat frame bolt on the floor,run a thick fusable power wire directly to the battery for less power interfearence and noise. then run the cb whip high above the vehicle and make sure if its bolts on that it has a proper connection and is grounded right some antennas are self adjusting some like fire stick need to be self adjusted. I run a 5 foot antenna on a custom bracket welded to the swing away tire carrier and a uniden 520xl radio

Old 08-28-2013, 09:06 PM
Beginning Member
Flipside is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by smaiwald
Mine is an Uniden Pro520XL with a Wilson Lil Wil antenna mounted on the roof. I removed the ashtray and cigarette lighter and attached the radio to the metal above where the ashtray was. I used the hot wire from the cigarette lighter and grounded it to one of the bolts on the E-brake bracket.

Looks good, I have the Uniden pc78xl

Old 08-28-2013, 10:41 PM
Starting Member
bear159 is on a distinguished road

I got the cobra 29 ltd classic, I was going to mount it somewhere low but it was a bit bigger then I thought it would be so I put it on the dash. I don't mind it up there its not in my way.

Name:  2013-07-03163820_zpse5fe84b9.jpg
Views: 2868
Size:  111.4 KB

For the antenna I got a 4 foot firestik that's bolted on by the rear light.

Name:  2013-08-04144218_zpsfd1cd23b.jpg
Views: 4027
Size:  93.9 KB

Old 08-29-2013, 12:55 AM
WitchingHour is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll have to get photos tomorrow. I run a Connex 3300HP 10 meter ham converted to CB, backed up with a 175 watt Elcan kicker. I cut back my center console and mounted the bracket with some set screws. I installed a Blue Sea Systems fuse panel under the hood, and, from that, I run my wire from a 30 amp fuse, split it in the engine compartment, then I run a 10 amp inline fuse in the wire to my CB, and a 15 amp blade fuse to my kicker.
The antenna I use is a Wilson 5000 magnet mount.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator
rexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura aboutrexmburns has a spectacular aura about

Here's my Cobra 29 mounted under the dash on top of the center console. It fits with a bit of trimming to the kick panel! All of the wires are hidden and I had space left to mount an external speaker next to it which helps a lot for anyone who doesn't have one.

Attached Thumbnails Pictures of CB Radio Installs/Mounts in 2nd Gens-imag0589.jpg  
Old 08-29-2013, 07:43 AM
BF Veteran
chris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura aboutchris015 has a spectacular aura about

ive got to figure out what ive got on my blazer. Theres a mini antenna mounted on the roof and i found a mic that was hidden in my driver side pillar (beside the windshield).

Old 08-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Starting Member
HostileJava is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by smaiwald

I like this idea, I think I may mount it look this.

Quick Reply: Pictures of CB Radio Installs/Mounts in 2nd Gens