Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

the price i pay for being "hella flush" with my blazer [OHNOEZ!!!!1]

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Starting Member
CH@Dbee is on a distinguished road
Default the price i pay for being "hella flush" with my blazer [OHNOEZ!!!!1]

it may be time for a baseball bat and a heat gun....whatcha think?

on ramp bump at 50mph

please excuse the nastyness of my truck, its normally clean but i have had to much stuff going on to wash it.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:08 PM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Thank God the rim is ok!

Old 12-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by okvortec
Thank God the rim is ok!
yeah rims are dirty as fawk(just drive 2 hours in the rain day before yesterday) but they arent damaged. hell im happy the tire didnt blow to pieces hahaha

Old 12-06-2009, 07:38 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

um... excuse my ignorance, but WTF do you hope to accomplish with a heat gun and baseball bat? Fight off Ice Monsters?

Old 12-06-2009, 07:50 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ABN31B
um... excuse my ignorance, but WTF do you hope to accomplish with a heat gun and baseball bat? Fight off Ice Monsters?
heat gun?.......what heat gun?? what are you talking about Curtis???

*edit* oh, sorry Curtis, i didn't even see that the first time i read the thread. so what is the story with the heat gun Chad?

Old 12-06-2009, 08:03 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by ABN31B
ROFL

its an old school trick. use the heat gun to heat up the lip of the fender to make the paint soft where it wont crack then stick a bat inbetween the tire and fender. apply pressure down pushing the inside of the fender lip up and roll the bat back and forth. the tire hit the very bottom of the fender lip and that would roll it hopefully avoiding this happening again.

kinda hard to explain lol

Old 12-06-2009, 08:19 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

not really. personally, i've never needed to do it on any of the dumped vehicles i've built, but i know the technique, just never heard of the heat gun being used.

Old 12-06-2009, 08:47 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CH@Dbee
ROFL

its an old school trick. use the heat gun to heat up the lip of the fender to make the paint soft where it wont crack then stick a bat inbetween the tire and fender. apply pressure down pushing the inside of the fender lip up and roll the bat back and forth. the tire hit the very bottom of the fender lip and that would roll it hopefully avoiding this happening again.

kinda hard to explain lol
I know what you are talking 'bout. My friend had a 99 Eclipse, and he had it so low that you could hear the tire scraping the rear fender in a turn. So we did that trick one day sans heat gun, and it helped a little.

Old 12-06-2009, 10:01 PM
Starting Member

well it was the rear that hit and next week i got a 80lbs box and 50lb sub going in so im going to have to do something. if that doesnt work im going to have to get smaller spacers =/

Old 12-07-2009, 12:54 AM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Sorry be mr **** and point this out... you drive probably one of the Nicest blazers here... and the calipers arent painted.... being a photographer... its all about the details man

Quick Reply: the price i pay for being "hella flush" with my blazer [OHNOEZ!!!!1]