Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

stock flex 1st gen

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 07:26 PM
DetroitMuscle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default stock flex 1st gen

Went out to get my mail, was in my blazer and decided to be lazy and not get out.
This is what I ended up with.

I think thats some decent flex for being stock, 14 years old and 150k on all the parts.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:33 PM
Starting Member
Jimmysls98 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: stock flex 1st gen

that is awsome but you werent too lazy to take some pics

Old 03-06-2007, 07:45 PM

ORIGINAL: Jimmysls98

that is awsome but you werent too lazy to take some pics
the pics were taken the 2nd time I did it. the first time I was on my way to the office to figure out a problem so couldnt get out, run in and take pics. My mailman thought I was nuts.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:55 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Nice! How do those Geolandar's work for ya?

Watch, the next time you check the mail, the guy will be stuck on the same snowbank, lol

Old 03-06-2007, 08:03 PM

ORIGINAL: drperry

Watch, the next time you check the mail, the guy will be stuck on the same snowbank, lol
I love em but wish I would have waited till i got the lift put on. even in 2wd with 10" of snow, it grabs the road as if it were dry. great water channeling as well as mud throwing.

as for the mail guy.... id laugh my butt off and sit inside taking pictures, he is a tool, wont deliver our mail if a car is parked near the box and gives us our neighbors mail and vice versa, i dont like the guy at all.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:05 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

ORIGINAL: DetroitMuscle

I love em but wish I would have waited till i got the lift put on. even in 2wd with 10" of snow, it grabs the road as if it were dry. great water channeling as well as mud throwing.
Good to hear, as I'll be picking up a set as soon as I can afford it, lol

How are they on ice?

You should see what other kinds of things you can climb, lol

Old 03-06-2007, 08:09 PM

as soon as I do the list and the cable conversion there will be Alot more pics and they will be even dirtier.

I picked em up from tirerack.com for $96 a tire, $429 shipped to my door next day. I know they have a thing with NTB/tire kingdom where they mount and balance for 12 bucks a tire instead of $22.50+

As far as ice, well unless its chained or studded itll slip, but as soon as you let off the gas on ice, they grab traction. I havnt slid once with these tires compared to the wrangler a/t's i had on it last winter.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:24 PM
BF Veteran

It's a shame I can't use tirerack, lol
Ordering online from the US is horrid on shipping charges... not counting duty... Usually ends up being the same price, or cheaper getting them from a tire shop...

I'll probably end up getting the A/T-S or +II's for the summer rubber and the I/T's for the winter...

And for the record, the Wrangler A/T's are infinitely better than the R/T's, lol

Old 03-06-2007, 08:41 PM

Ordering online from the US is horrid on shipping charges... not counting duty... Usually ends up being the same price, or cheaper getting them from a tire shop...

I'll probably end up getting the A/T-S or +II's for the summer rubber and the I/T's for the winter...

And for the record, the Wrangler A/T's are infinitely better than the R/T's, lol
you must be from the great white north then. well that sucks, Id deliver em but im not sure where you are at and im not exactly sure where we are flying into for fishing yet.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:51 PM
BF Veteran

ORIGINAL: DetroitMuscle

you must be from the great white north then. well that sucks, Id deliver em but im not sure where you are at and im not exactly sure where we are flying into for fishing yet.
Going on a fishing trip, are ya?

I hear good things about the Queen Charlotte Islands... A lot of the oil companies around here send their employees there as a bonus once and awhile...

As for where I am, nowhere near anything really worth fishing in, lol
Grande Prairie, as the name implies, is surrounded by prairies, and that's about it, lol

Thanks for the offer, but at the moment, the truck and insurance payment comes before tires, lol

Quick Reply: stock flex 1st gen