Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Storm Trooper Jimmy

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:52 PM
WisdomRacing is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Storm Trooper Jimmy

5 coats of Nite Shades, 2 sprays of clear coat. Haven't gotten around to smoothing them out yet. Emblems were a pain to get off, too.

Pic thegr81 is referring to:

Feedback is appreciated!

Old 10-13-2007, 08:22 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Storm Trooper Jimmy

looks good, but if you're going to debadge you shouldve taken the red stickers off, kinda stick out like a sore thumb. IMO

Old 10-13-2007, 08:28 PM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

looks great, also looks like your grill could use a little bit of a touch up and those front wheels ouch look at all that brake dust(quick fix for that is ceramic brake pads they don't leave dust like that) but your blaze is still a sharp lookin rig.

Old 10-14-2007, 01:25 AM

Cliro - The red brings out the cherry

thegr81 - Ya don't remind me...I made the change to ceramics a couple months ago and just haven't cleaned them yet hah. Actually today was her first wash in a while. And that whole area around the grill is ugly as hell. The clear coat is chipping and it's stained a horrid brown color if you can't tell... I may take it off, wet sand the clear coat and see if I can't salvage it...or maybe even take it to a shop to have it resprayed. I want to just do the 98+ conversion, but they don't sell a kit (that I know of) that is for the Jimmy front end. I'd like to keep the GMC heritage, but it looks like my only option is the junkyard. Oh well it'll get done eventually. I really need to get smaller tires first...the ones on there just tear up my fenders, ruin my braking power, throw off my gauges and shift points, reduce my mpg and narrow my turning radius. I don't know why they were put on in the first place. Don't even get me started on the wheels....and my drivers seat? Torn to hell. It must be repaired. This thing will never get done.

Old 10-14-2007, 02:42 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

well thats good yea if your lookin to change your front the only kits out there is for the blazer(chevy) and if you wanted it you could change yours over its the same thing. and as for the tires the reason that size is on there is cause its a 4x4 thats the only reason if you did a 2 inch lift in the front and rear you will be fine unless you plan on dropping it or just want smaller tires and leave the ride height alone. for the grill surrond best bet if you want it white still which looks clean if you do just take and sand it down and get the two in one spray for it the two in one is the color plus clear all in one i would suggest primeing it first to get a good base and get any imperfections out of it before you spray it leaving you with a great result look forward to more progress pics when you do it good luck and again nice jimmy

Old 10-14-2007, 05:40 AM
TheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond reputeTheBrettster has a reputation beyond repute

You should take that beast in the hills off of the 241.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:02 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

For a pimpin' Storm Trooper coloring, get that chrome trim a shiny black, lol.

Looks pretty good though!

And it's just as easy to do the 98+ Jimmy swap as it is for a Blazer...

You just need the Jimmy parts instead... So the radiator core support from a '98+ and the front from a '98+ Jimmy, swap out the parts, maybe do a little bit of wiring work, and BAM! instant '98+ conversio, lol.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:38 PM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks sweet.

Old 10-14-2007, 07:25 PM

YOU HAPPY YET?!?

Now get off my case hahah

Old 10-14-2007, 07:41 PM

theg81 - Ya I understand the change to the BFGs, but they are too big. They rub all over the place. An inch or two smaller and they'd be perfect. I don't want to raise it, I just need it to have decent capabilities for when I'm out chasing the race car around. I'mdefinitely not dropping it though.Today when I wassanding the grille guard down I went awee bit too far so I'll have to pick up some of the 2 in 1 stuff for that little section. Hopefully it will match up well.

Brettster - Which hills are you referring to? I've taken it up Saddleback a couple times with my girl, but that's not very close to the 241.

deperry - When I was driving one time I saw a Jimmy with similar trim panels, but they were black. I was green with envy. I've only seen that once though so finding them complete and in good conditionwould be tough. As far as the front end,now that I got the grille guard taken care of I'm not so motivated to spend a few hundred on the swap, we'll see though. I might startroundingupthe necessaryparts.

Thanks for the good comments guys!

Quick Reply: Storm Trooper Jimmy