Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

what a day!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 04:36 PM
sledneck16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default what a day!

Well today I had a great one. first off, it's pay day--always good. secondly, I got out of class extremely early because all of my projects are done for the semester (with 2 weeks left lol) [8D]

when I went in to have some work done to my truck there was no snow and not a cloud in the sky, when I left there was about 6-8inches!

oh yea--picked up my new rims today [8D]--- 15x8 with 12mm offset American Racing Diamondbacks with clear teflon.
--also while I was at the shop I sold my wheel spacers on the spot for 10bucks more than I paid!

man o man are they sexy

tried on some 31x10.50s on for size.........they almost fit......right now anyways.....

**starts putting new blades in his sawzall and polishing his hammer **

Old 12-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: what a day!

Looks awesome! With a t-bar crank and some shackles you should be able to fit those 31's! If you had the stock rims you could fit them no problem.

I've always liked those diamond backs, great choice.

Sledneck huh? What kind of sled do you ride?

Edit: I just read your sig... says you have a 2" lift, suspension or body? You still can't fit those tires? My brother has a 97 4dr with a 2" BL and 32's.

Old 12-01-2006, 04:46 PM

actually thats a t-bar crank right there--im gonna go up a little more i think--but its already up 2" over stock

as for stock rims--no way! once you've felt how a blazer corners/rides with a wider stance you'll never go back!

oh and heres my sled---had a slight mishap last winter.....

USED to be this

thank god for insurance!! lol

Old 12-01-2006, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: sledneck16

actually thats a t-bar crank right there--im gonna go up a little more i think--but its already up 2" over stock

as for stock rims--no way! once you've felt how a blazer corners/rides with a wider stance you'll never go back!

oh and heres my sled---had a slight mishap last winter.....
thank god for insurance!! lol

Wow, what caused the burn down? Any idea? You getting another sled? I have a 99 SRX, can't wait for the snow!

Your t-bars are 2" over stock?

I hear you on the wider stance, that's a definite advantage... I take that for granted with my ZR2 i guess. I went with stock spec rims and 1.25" spacers on the rear to fit 33's... it's no race car, but it corners fine for me.

Old 12-01-2006, 05:00 PM

well basically I hit a deep hole in the trail--apparently a groomer got stuck there--something locked up and stopped the track tossing me off at about 80km/h, breaking my helmet, then after we righted it and tried to start it, it died and then the hood started melting....

then we ran--->3/4tank of gas in it [:@]
unless i get a real good deal i wont have a sled this winter--it'll be the first time in my life

actually i guess my tbars are somewhere in the 1.25-1.75 range--just leveled it out once i put my shackles on

Old 12-01-2006, 05:04 PM

Wow, bummer about the sled, sounds like it could've been a lot worse for you though!

You should check the sled forums for a decent deal, after the first of the year there should be some pretty decent deals out there.

Ahhh, 1.25-1.75" sounds a bit safer, I've got mine up 1" and i don't think i'd go much more, not really into changing parts anymore than my truck likes to chew through them.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:34 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

now those are some sexy sexy shoes....wooo baby!!!

Old 12-02-2006, 04:12 PM
BF Veteran
Chevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura aboutChevy Lover has a spectacular aura about

I'm saving up for a set of 39 1/2" super swampers. My 36" super swampers are great but I still want to go bigger.

Old 12-02-2006, 08:08 PM
TheDesertFox is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice rims, and man i wish i had snow

Old 12-02-2006, 08:41 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Blazers looking good.

Quick Reply: what a day!