Sights N Sounds Post Pictures, Videos, and Sound clips here. Examples: Member signature threads, photo shoots, videos (that do not fit in other sections), etc.

Why you should just go ahead and HIT the damn DEER...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 09:28 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech
Took it to one of the best body repair guys I know this evening. First of all he was surprised we drove it in there after I had told him what happened on the phone. Second he looked it over and said it was definitely a total loss. He was partially hopeful while looking around the outside of it, then he popped the hood. Under the hood he found damage I had previously missed. The driver's side shock tower was BUCKLED, yes buckled. When he found that he slid under the front of the car and found the sub frame twisted, lifted, and screwed completely up along with the locations it mounts to the uni-body. Further inspection found the engine/transmission slightly tilted due to the sub frame damage as well.

Funniest part about it was that we drove it ~15 miles to the guys house then around town taking it to show our uncle, my brothers employer, and our sister. All the while with no real problems driving it AND everything such as the AC still working, LOL. Who would ever have figured it?

So the hunt for replacement is on. The body repair guy is going to make some calls and see what we may be able to get out of it from some salvage guys he knows.

Still wish there was a way to swap that 3800 into the Blazer, would make matters real easy for a little bit.
from the looks of the frame he turned hard . Im surprised hes not shooken up . He prob thought of it as a roll a coaster ride LOl . thank god hes alright tho

Old 07-29-2011, 04:11 AM
kristoph30 is on a distinguished road

I volunteer for Fire/EMS. If he flew as far as you said, then he is very lucky. I certianly hope he learned his lesson to SLOW DOWN! If he had hit the deer, I have seen them come through the windshield. If they dont die on impact, they thrash around inside the car and their hooves impail the occupants of the vehicle. Not pretty.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:09 AM
redcruiser is an unknown quantity at this point

I would say he's lucky, don't go hitting them though. I had to photograph somebody who was making an insurance claim here in the UK, the car in front of him hit the deer it went over the roof of that one, in through the windscreen and out the back window of his, the driver was lucky to survive, accidents involving deer are on the increase over here even on main roads.