Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

"loaded" control arms?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Starting Member
garry2000blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "loaded" control arms?

Does anyone sell what I'll call loaded control arms (bushings and ball joints already installed)?I was able to buy some for my old Cougar years (and years and years) ago, but I didn't see anything on the internet for a Blazer.
I feel lucky to have gotten 128K miles on my originals, but now they're starting to talk to me.There's a shop nearby that doesn't mind me bringing in my own parts, but if the control arms were ready to install, I'm thinking the savings in labor will more than balance out the price of the control arms.
thx

Old 11-16-2007, 04:14 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: "loaded" control arms?

$488.88 for lowers, and you'll have to make out what you can for the uppers. They have one brand for both side uppers, and then only one side for another brand.

Old 11-16-2007, 04:32 PM
Starting Member
garry2000blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. Looks like it blew my theory of saving $$ on the laborgrinding out the rivets though.

Old 11-16-2007, 07:05 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

Never know, shop around, you may be able to find cheaper. I paid $600 including tax to replace all four ball joints. That was at $55/hour labor and using Moog parts that totaled about $250.