Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

1998 blazer 4x4 issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Beginning Member
jrb_fishy is on a distinguished road
Default 1998 blazer 4x4 issue

ok i was under the infamous blazer today you can hear the transfer case lock in and the driveshaft does not spin when its locked but the wheels do without the other turning opposite from front differential not exactly where to look now or where the problem would lie

Old 07-20-2012, 05:53 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Your front axle is not locking in. One of the most common and well documented 4wd problems on this site.

Old 07-20-2012, 12:46 PM
Beginning Member

i tryed to find problems on this yesterday and i could not find any could you please narrow that for me and let me know on which area i can be searching for this ever post i have made you always reply your like the all knowing blazer guy thanks for the help and the fast responding

Old 07-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Beginning Member

ok so i just had it right off the ground on stands and tryed both 4hi and 4lo and i can hear it clicken in the front right at the diff i am going to think its the actuator on this one but not sure i could use some insight

Old 07-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the tech article link in my signature. In that thread, look for a thread with 'clicking' in the title.

Old 07-21-2012, 07:31 PM
Beginning Member

thank you so much man that helps alot

Old 08-12-2012, 04:38 PM
Beginning Member

i was reading your thread on the clicking and it is either a vac problem or a spring issue but because its not locking in at all i dont know which to start with the vac or the spring i have replaced both cv axles and i am not sure when this started i have noticed my vac lines have some problems found one near the master cylender that had a leak if you were me where would you start ? i have the nv233 transfer casr

Old 11-10-2012, 12:15 PM
Beginning Member

ok so update the clunking was a badly broken cv axle the inner joint was torn apart no rip in the boot but when i took it out from the diff the inner just pointed at the ground got it replaced i still dont think my 4hi is engauging properly i have to check the other cv axle and the actuator