Steering, Suspension & Drivetrain Questions about your steering, suspension, axles, and/or transfer case? Post up here.

2" front end lift?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 02:20 PM
97BlazerLS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2" front end lift?

Does anyone know how could i lift my 97 Blazer LS up 2". I dont want to do a body lift too. I figure i could use shackle an block kit for the rear but i dont know how shouldi lift my front suspension.

Old 02-19-2008, 02:22 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: help with a 2" Lift kit an fender flares

covered. many times. use the search feature at the top of the page, or look at the related threads at the bottom of the page.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:24 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

^^^^Indeed search for the front lift. As for flares, EGR makes em for 2 and 4 door applications. Link

Old 02-19-2008, 10:10 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Wow $395 for flares, thats expensive.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:23 PM
JTPA is an unknown quantity at this point

hey im new to the site and need some help, so if anyone can help me please do. i just put in 2" add a leafs in the rear of my 99 blazer, i have the torsion bars cranked up as far as they go.. i would like to get more out of them without haveing to buy the key, is their any way to do this, or can i remove the bolt and pput in a larger one?
thanks

Old 02-21-2008, 07:45 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

I would question the logic of going higher than 'all the way' on your t-bars. Miuch higher and youre gunna start popping CVs and ruining everything else on the drivetrain.

Old 02-21-2008, 07:57 PM

im trying to level the front out with the rear witch has the 2" trail master add a leaf, i only need to go about 1/4" more how would i go about doing that?

Old 02-21-2008, 08:21 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

bigger tires on the front only

just kidding, you would kill your transfer case. if your bars are cranked all the way with the stock keys, the only way to get more out of them would be aftermarket keys. also, the other day, WolfPack and I were talking about new tbars. your truck is 9 years old so chances are, your bars are worn down and less springy than they were from the factory. however, new bars are $200+ EACH. new bars might lift you up some but honestly, i cant say.

but in all reality, a quarter inch? thats miniscule and nobody is going to be able to tell a difference..

Old 02-21-2008, 08:22 PM

thanks for the info

Old 02-21-2008, 09:33 PM
BF Veteran

Haha I know the feeling though, YOU notice that 1/4' and it bothers you[:@].

But yea, if you get those aftermarket keys and torque the bars up even more, something else is gonna give way. It'll probably be an axle/driveline component, but it could be the bar itself. Then your whole 2 and 1/4' lift is toast.

Look into a body lift to get some extra height.

Quick Reply: 2" front end lift?